View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 06:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
lemon
Dark Force Defense League
Hufflepuff

DMLE
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annaliese Toussaint
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dmitriy Toussaint
Law Enforcement

x12 x12
Dani's Citrus Duck Spawn | Mama Giraffe | Lemon PATch | Pushed the Red Button

Sherman was here... finally. He was the last of the candidates meant to be at this booth, he noticed, though he wasn't all that late. After all, he couldn't be three places at once, no? And he did have to give the other topics his undivided attention as well, but he was here now. And since the others were in the middle of sharing their views, he chose to listen to theirs before piping up with his own. Know your competition, right?

Text Cut: Becca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Sufficient? That was a different story. "I would make sure that there are devoted staff to keep everyone in the Ministry safe. The old way of checking wands, checking ID, and checking suspicious bags didn't harm anyone before, so I think we could go back to that." Her eyes went to Ms. Carter and her 'I'm going to change the world even if it fights me' attitude. While she agreed that MLE should communicate more, she didn't think it was fair to start with saying they didn't do her job, and it made her somewhat irritated. Her eyes went to Gid as she took a deep breath to calm herself so she wouldn't curse the woman until she resembled a squashed toad.

How could the woman say they'd put their heads together when the only thing she listened to was a recording of her own voice??? When Gid spoke again, she focused and smiled at him. "I would bring back the checks at the door of the Ministry and make it so that MLE have more power in the street to stop and check people if they're suspicious of them. I would suggest doing more background checks on people applying for jobs that have sensitive information involved." she shrugged. "And constantly checking those who are in those positions."

As for the question that was aimed at Carter, Becca decided to answer now she'd had a moment to think and it did follow on from what she'd been talking about. "Aurors are those who we trust with the security of our country and we trust they will protect us at all costs. They're the best people to be able to work out who is lying, so I would definitely use them inside the Ministry to interview those people who do handle sensitive information. I would definitely include the Minister in that category, no matter who it is. It's about using the right people in the right places and making sure that all areas are covered by the people who have the correct knowledge to make sure there are no holes in the system." Examples? "Chizpurfles got into the Ministry. Does anyone know how? That's one thing I would really like to know, and I would most certainly have all deliveries to the Ministry screened and ensure that we know where anything in the Ministry actually came from."

He did manage to catch an earful of a fellow candidate's words, though, and he had a little to add. "The measures that you plan to implement are coincidentally already in place, Ms. Yenorin. There is a security checkpoint in the Ministry's Atrium that has a wand-weigher and an officer stationed at it. Workers from MLE's Security Office are also positioned in the Atrium and near the Golden Gates at all times of the day, and they always check visitors." Just in case she was wondering.

"As for the chizpurfle situation, I'm sure you know about the somewhat recent mutant scare? Those were most likely let inside by the creatures rounded up in various areas and brought into the Ministry." They were parasites, after all. "I think it was mentioned in the Prophet, though in less detail." And he did know more, due to the fact that he currently worked in the Ministry and all. But did anyone read the paper?

Of course, he had his own ideas about how to deal with all of these issues, but he'd wait until he was approached.

__________________________________..____this is why we can't have nice things, darling.