View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 04:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lizasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Animal testing, sigh. Alicia turned her attention to Gideon and tried to smile. “Good question sir,” she smiled “honestly I am not for the treatment of the animals that are tested on” she admitted whole-heartedly. “However, if they were not harmed after said testing or during said testing for example if someone tested a tickling charm on an animal I would not be against that…however when one delves into darker realms I am against those” she admitted and bit her lip for a moment. “The reason I am against it is because animals like humans have a sense of consciousness and they should be treated in a like manor to our fellow humans.”

"Testing on animals is like the concept of testing on muggles because they are unable to use magic" she spoke her voice more stern, "and if we would do this, then isn't that despicable in and of itself?"
He listened as she responded, and to be honest agreed with her until she said about if they were not harmed, a charm was fine to be tested on them, like a tickling charm. But hadn't she just said that she wasn't for the treatment of the animals being tested on? "I'm a little confused. You said you are against the treatment of animals that are being tested on but then stated about being fine about the tickling charm for instance. Are you only against certain testing or all testing?" He agreed about no testing on animals. Why would you test anything on someone or something that can defend themselves against your testing?