View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 09:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
AmbiguouslyMe

SA & DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizasaurus View Post
He stepped forward and shook the man's hand "Mr. Yenorin, dept head for International Cooperation." he said with a smile.

He nodded listening as he spoke and laid out where he stood. Paying close attention and curiosity appeared a little "Are you saying that you'd like to look into allowing students of Hogwarts age to be be allowed to use magic outside of school?" he asked. It in some ways would make sense yes, for instance for keeping the students from losing some of the hard lessons they'd had ability to practice and keep them fresh in their minds. But yet....

"How would we be able to control the use of that magic? Wouldn't that cause more problems, than good with keeping them from forgetting what they've learned. More catastrophes and accidents?" After all the students were still young and learning to control their magic. "They wouldn't be in a controlled environment if they were allowed to use magic away from the school. Hogwarts isn't completely a controlled environment, but out in the world, there is no telling what students might attempt if they have that priviledge of being able to use magic."
Preston smiled. He had anticipated that some would take his position to the extreme. "Now, don't misunderstand me. The last thing I would want is a horde of underage wizards flinging spells willy-nilly in the street." That would be horrible. "Rather, I want the wizarding community to consider whether there are options for limited, regulated magical use while not at school, much in the same way allowances are made for home-schooled students to practice under the tutelage of their parents or hired tutors."

Preston gestured as he continued to speak. "I believe there is potential for summer enrichment programs or tiered 'classes' of spellwork that might be permissible, should the ban be modifed." Promote some responsibility. Increase opportunities for learning. "But I'll be clear. Modified. Not overturned. And a decision to be made after the most thorough evaluation at all levels. So that is what I am proposing: an examination of the potential of such a change."

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time