View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #79 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Emily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post

Spectating school gobstones matches... that wasn't high on her list of things to do. Crashing at the end so she could say she witnessed him play and make sure he was in one piece, and a healthy piece at that... that was more likely. "Mmm, who knows, I sometimes wonder if sending him to that school was the right thing to do." Nevertheless, he was happy, getting good grades, alive. Those were good things. The running of the school was out of her control, so whether or not attendance to gobstones matches was allowed or not, wasn't high on her list of concerns. Bring back quidditch, that was something else entirely - and for Zeke's sake, probably a good thing. "In time..." The sport wouldn't be banned forever, it wold lose a lot of business if it was. As for the matter of Zeke being a 'popular' first year, she found that difficult to believe, though she wouldn't have thought him as 'promising' either, and yet there it was in the yearbook.

It was nice the Vic was one for gushing about her children, it was something she limited in conversations, and thus her conversations were brief. "I'm glad to hear it," she replied politely. Granted, aside from their time in France, she didn't see a great deal of Zeke either, but he kept his nose clean for the most part.

And then the can of worms spilled all over her office, metaphorically speaking of course. Merlin, Vic could talk.

Emily nodded her understanding as the woman went on her spiel, and while her motivation was good natured, she had a department to run, and paper work to complete before her pending schedules.

"In that case I wish you would have set up a meeting." She sighed, leaning back in her seat a moment, fingers lacing together and resting in her lap.

"Honestly, since I've come in, I've made a number of changes with the support of Kettleburn and his administration, spending has been reviewed, as has staffing, training and security." Did Vic see where she was going with this? "All I can say at the moment, bearing in mind that you do not have the clearance to be privy to the most inner workings of this Department at this stage... is perhaps a little more funding, a little less red tape, and to let us get on with what we do best." Which was work cases, for which paperwork was an inconvenient necessity.

"If you need anything else, it's best to make an appointment with our secretary. I wish you well for the election race, but that's all I can do for you at such little notice." And really, there wasn't much more to be said anyway.

Her brow went up as Emily said she wondered if sending him to Hogwarts was a good idea. She had those same thoughts about Bart and it was why she wanted to look into the communication and trust between the school and the ministry. "Well thankfully nothing horrible has happened for a few terms. I mean things are always seeming to happen, but nothing as bad as our children growing old." That to her was the worst and Bart having that stroke because of it, Merlin if it wasn't for Cossy being there he would not be. "I hope, but we have heard no word and it would be nice if Games and Sports were kept into a loop, since we deal with many aspects of the sport." She'd be all for working up a plan with the headmistress and even sending professional officials to help out in the matches to make things easier. They just had to get scouts back doing their job.

"I'm not looking to fully get in depth with all things yet. Just wanting basics and I like the informal approach." Plus she was there more for the social, but since she was there she figured she'd bring up a few things. "Plus I like bringing my friends coffie, especially the ones that I know are workaholics like myself." She gave a small grin, though Emily knew she was a woraholic and Gavin had said it a time or two.

Hmm she listened very intently, this was all very fasicinating and she had come to find how incredibly interesting this department was. Taking a few notes to remember, like the red tape and funding she nodded to show she was still very much interested. "Well if and hopefully when I do become minister I would like to take a look at your training program to see what we could implement throughout the ministry and maybe connect it with the shool/work program that I would like to start." Seventh years were wanting to be MLE's as much as they wanted to do other things, why not get them some idea of what it involved before grudation.

"Oh this has been perfect, no need for any appointments, I'm not going to take up your anymore of your time. I know you are busy. I just wanted to come and make sure you haven't been over working and to see how Zeke was, while here I figured I'd just ask you those simple things. Nothing more." She did enjoy her visits, but sometimes felt she wasn't really wanted or maybe stayed longer then she should have. "I have a meeting with a few players that can't seem to keep their focus on a clean match, so I should be going anyway." She got up so that she wouldn't bother Emily any longer. "It was nice seeing you and getting to chat. Give Zeke my best wishes for this terms Gobstone season."