Thread: Middle Cars
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 04:09 AM   #65 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: Hera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Whhhhooooooops. But no he was not a first year, and frankly, he was done with that. He liked knowing that he KNEW things, that he wasn't a newbie anymore, and that there were others that weren't yet smarter than him... hopefully.
"Sorry, there'll be heaps of other first years though" he said with a grin. As for all HER questions... "The sorting's fun, and by the time you boat across the lake, which is like a tradition you can't avoid, everyone else will be more or less ready for you, so when you guys come through into the hall you'll be sorted straight away. It's not scary or anything. The hat will sing you a song first, explaining what it does, and then you just sit, try him on and VOILA!..." Cue hand gestures, "You're sorted." It really was that easy. There was no point in freaking the girl out about tests and performing magic in front of everyone when it just wasn't true.

He'd learned not to have expectations where other peoples' housely desires were concerned, so when Kate said Ravenclaw he just smiled and nodded. "Ahhhhhhh," he added as she explained why. "I was like that, kinda....." and that was a very loose kinda. "I'm muggleborn, but my adopted mum was a Ravenclaw, so I wanted to get in there at first, but after speaking to people, Gryffindor sounded so much better." So yeah, he changed his mind, but the hat agreed it was the best for for him. Too dumb for Clawness or something to that effect. Humph.

Kate smiled when he assured her there'd be heaps of other first years. So as long as she wasn't the only ickle one around, she'd be fine. "If we didn't have to wait until we turned eleven, I bet I'd be in the same year as you are now. I'll be twelve next month," she explained. "I have one of those late birthdays where you have to wait a whole extra year, since you didn't turn eleven in time." She just bet that they were both born in the same year.

She grew quiet as he explained how the sorting worked. Nodding along, she tried to picture that ride across the Black Lake. She fidgeted in her seat, not being able to contain the excitement she felt about finally getting to know which house she'd be sorted into. "It all sounds so fun and so magical," she said, her eyes lighting up. "That's neat that our moms were in the same house. So what did you hear about Gryffindor? What made it better?" She was suddenly more curious about her father's house.