Thread: Middle Cars
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 01:12 AM   #57 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

SPOILER!!: Kate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post

Ohh, a second year. That was cool! "I was kind of hoping you'd say you were a first year, too," she admitted. "Second year's a good year, but I haven't met any other first years yet." She wouldn't say this much out loud, but she kind of felt alone in her year. Maybe Zeke could teach her the ropes, though! "But since you're a second year, maybe you can tell me more about what to expect. When will I get sorted? I'm hoping they'll do that right away." She didn't want Zeke to think she was disappointed in his year or anything.

"I want to be in Ravenclaw," she answered. "That's the house my mom was in, but my dad was a Gryffindor like you. I think I'm a better fit for a Ravenclaw, though." Kate hadn't realized how much she already missed her mom and dad until she'd started talking about them. Suddenly, the Christmas holiday seemed years away. "Was Gryffindor the house you were hoping for?"

Whhhhooooooops. But no he was not a first year, and frankly, he was done with that. He liked knowing that he KNEW things, that he wasn't a newbie anymore, and that there were others that weren't yet smarter than him... hopefully.
"Sorry, there'll be heaps of other first years though" he said with a grin. As for all HER questions... "The sorting's fun, and by the time you boat across the lake, which is like a tradition you can't avoid, everyone else will be more or less ready for you, so when you guys come through into the hall you'll be sorted straight away. It's not scary or anything. The hat will sing you a song first, explaining what it does, and then you just sit, try him on and VOILA!..." Cue hand gestures, "You're sorted." It really was that easy. There was no point in freaking the girl out about tests and performing magic in front of everyone when it just wasn't true.

He'd learned not to have expectations where other peoples' housely desires were concerned, so when Kate said Ravenclaw he just smiled and nodded. "Ahhhhhhh," he added as she explained why. "I was like that, kinda....." and that was a very loose kinda. "I'm muggleborn, but my adopted mum was a Ravenclaw, so I wanted to get in there at first, but after speaking to people, Gryffindor sounded so much better." So yeah, he changed his mind, but the hat agreed it was the best for for him. Too dumb for Clawness or something to that effect. Humph.