View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 02:20 PM   #480 (permalink)
AmbiguouslyMe

SA & DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Ceasing her fanning, she gingerly placed a finger on his signature and lifted it up to check that the ink was in fact dry. "Made to practice it?" she asked while examining her ink stain free finger. "That kind of sounds like fun and much more practical than practicing writing the alphabet in your signature handwriting. I should do that instead." And then perfect a Banishing Spell so she could just banish her own writing from the page rather than wasting entire journals on practicing her handwriting.

Closing her yearbook and tucking it back in her backpack, she bit down on her lower lip and chewed on it for a moment. "Oh, I was just wondering what the rest of your thought was before. When you were talking about someone wanting to read," she nodded, tucking a curl behind her ear.
Thornton nodded. "Yes, I was. Father said it should be legible but have some..." what was the word he had used? "gravitas." Thornton wasn't exactly sure what that meant, or why it was important to have a practiced signature at twelve, but he did not question his lessons. "It gets a bit boring after a while," he finally added, shrugging. Even though he knew Seren had left him at the barrier, he looked around quickly to make sure that she hadn't somehow joined him and heard.

Oh. Thornton had not finished that thought because he assumed he would be understood, so he internally scolded himself for his lack of clarity. His parents had warned him to be careful not to develop bad habits while away at school. "If you wanted someone to read thing you wrote, you could always ask me. That's all."

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time