View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #76 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Following Emily into the office she noticed all the work her friend had in front of her. It kind of reminded her of her own desk, but it was a mixture of campaign and quidditch things now a days. "No problem. I like bringing coffee to friends." She hadn't done it in awhile and wasn't sure why. She knew life had gotten in the way a bit lately, but she would make note to try harder.

"Is Zeke excited about going back to school? Bart says he's a real good Gobstone's player." She couldn't help but beam at that thought, remembering there little game a few summers ago.

"The girls are wonderful, just turned three in July, Bart's doing great. He had made the U17 league, so I think that kept him out of trouble this summer." She was very proud of him for making the team and very glad he wasn't able to cause any trouble. She feared the day she would have to come here to bail him out.

"Everything else is going well. Cossy is getting ready to go back and I've been busy with the campaign, which is actually another reason I came here today." She did come down as a friend and to catch up and wanted that to be fully known, but since she was here, maybe she could talk business a bit. "I've went to all the department heads just to ask them what they want to see in a minister and what they feel is some areas that need improvement in their department that I could possibly help out with if I do become minister." Hopefully she'd get to know some of MLE's areas of need while here.
Well she wouldn't object to coffee. Emily accepted the cup and sipped from it, thankful to have something more to fuel her attempt at catching up on the paperwork that had accumulated. And then there was Zeke. Emily's hazel eyes peered to the right where she had a photo of him propped up on her desk. She'd miss his incessant questions, his laugh, his smiles... mmmm.

Grunting between sips, Emily shrugged her shoulders lightly. "He's excited enough, and so I've heard," she mused. Gobstones and that boy, who'd have thought it? Of course, that hadn't been the only thing he surprised her with. "He seems to be settling in and adjusting well enough..." in fact, his results have been far better than she had anticipated.

Hesitantly releasing her grasp on the coffee for her quill, Emily quickly scrawled her signature on the bottom of the pages of a document package, clerical boring unimportant documentation... one less thing she needed to worry about. In doing so, she continued to listen as Vic spoke of her children, and Merlin, the girls were three? Already? When had that happened? It occurred to her then that time was passing, and it wasn't taking its time. Great mother of Circe. The news about Bart was good though, pleasing. "How wonderful, I suppose congratulations are in order." It was an achievement after all.

She fell back into silence, putting aside another document in favour of a red folder emblazoned with the MLE crest. Being the good listener that she was, Emily did pay attention, and nodded at the appropriate places, Cossy... oh, right, Cosgrach... the new husband. And then there was that. The matter of the elections. So this was about business, not just coffee. Shame.

She was after ideas? Say what?

"I don't know, you tell me," was her reply. How was she supposed to say otherwise. Frankly she was pleased with Kettleburn, but that wasn't going to happen. "I'm sorry it's just, last I checked, your task was to woo the public, not ask me what I want if you get the position."