View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 07:43 AM   #544 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
First Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: isSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by isSeeker View Post
Nicole patted her cat Diamond, wondering who she should sit with on the train. She could certainly sit on her own. She might feel lonely, but she always put a smile on her face. With her cat and the pile of books stored away safely inside her trunk, she believed she could spend the train ride happily.

She felt a slight movement nearby and looked around to see a girl about her age walking absent-mindedly to stand beside her. "No, it's okay," Nicole replied at her apology. In fact, she was glad that she had a new company. "Hello Kate, I'm Nicole Holloway," she said with a smile. Ooh, a first year. The people Nicole had met so far were mostly older students, and she was surprised to find herself relieved to meet a new girl like her. "I'm a second year, but I'm new to Hogwarts too." she said.

"Do you know what House you'll be Sorted into?" Nicole asked. It was the most interesting issue for new students like them, and she could not help but talk about it even though she had gone over this with other people a lot of times.

Kate looked at the girl as she waited for her reply, wondering if she'd be annoyed or grateful to have randomly been approached. It turned out to be okay, so Kate beamed a little wider then said, "Nicole. Cool. It's nice to meet you." Kate tried not to let her face fall a little when Nicole said she was a second year. She was starting to think there were literally no other first years in all of Hogwarts this year. She knew that wasn't true, but it seemed that way.

"Oh? Why'd you wait a year?" she asked. "If you don't mind me asking." Because it might be something personal, and in that case, Kate didn't mind Nicole keeping it a secret. She nodded. "I want to be in Ravenclaw like my mom. I guess Gryffindor wouldn't be so bad either, though." For second place. "Do you already know your house, since you're a second year?" Kate didn't know how that worked, starting as something other than a first year.

The train was loading now, so Kate's gaze turned from Nicole to the Hogwarts Express and back again. "We should get on, I guess," she said. "You can sit with me if you want to." Kate gestured the girl forward then began her own boarding of the train.