View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 04:23 AM   #281 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Thornton was still sort of mystified why so many people wanted him to play for them. Maddie had suggested he play in the common room more, but Dot couldn't get in there, so it looked like other practice spaces would be the way to go.

It was a good thing that Dot wouldn't suggest kissing Paige, because Thornton would have wondered if there were some sort of social expectation he was violating by not. "If I can remember where it was," he said, shrugging and pushing his cart forward. "It was weird. It was behind a bunch of other things."

Third year electives. Right. He was glad that he didn't have to deal with those quite yet. Something about choosing them made him feel like he was choosing a direction and he wasn't quite ready for that. "Do you know what you're going to take? I accidentally wandered into Ancient Runes last year with the whole.. fairy tale book thing..."
"We can find something else to read, maybe. I don't really go in the library much for books, but I should go more." And Thornton could be a good influence on her. Wouldn't her Oggie find that so ironic? She was actually LESS distracted by a boy instead of more distracted?

She hopped off the edge of her cart to keep it from rolling away. "My mum says that you should take loads of classes so that you can decide what you want. You can always get rid of them later. I was thinking Muggle Studies, Care of Magical Creatures, Ancient Runes... probably not Arithmancy or Div 'cause they seem so hard and you have to be 'specially gifted anyway. I'm not 'specially good at anything." Dot eyed the barrier again. "I'm scared to go through."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest