View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 11:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Holy honking daffodils.

All THAT...over the simple request to discuss things over lunch?

Merlin had the woman missed the point. Campaign posters and discussions of the sort while on the clock were not only a distraction from the work of his employees, but a private unscheduled audience with individual candidates demonstrated an unfair advantage. Not every candidate could simply waltz into his office like Victoria had done - and he had instructed Sherman NOT to do. It would be an abuse of his position as a department head and an abuse of her position as a Ministry employee.

The stroking of his ego was appreciated - greatly appreciated, by the way - but he still needed to chuckle at the over all vibe. And thus he did as he pulled his calendar out of his topmost drawer and ran his finger over the pages. "How does....this Sunday at noon or next Wednesday at noon work for you? We can meet at that little place across the street if you'd like."

Man had to eat.
She sat with her legs crossed looking down at her notebook. Not sure why he was the only department head to make this so much trouble so far. Even the one with a wife running was more polite and professional. Her eyes blinked up as he suggest a Sunday, a Sunday. He was joking right? "The weekend is for my family and it is my weekend to have my daughters so Sunday will not work." The election was important, but so was her family. She highly believed in both could work together if you made the time.

Flipping her schedule to Wednesday she had meeting after meeting, but she could squeeze in for lunch she supposed, though she felt that she was being blown off in a discreet way which didn't sit well with the blonde. She'd much rather just be told no then blown off politely. "Wednesday will work. " She jotted it down and got up.

"Thank you for your time Mr. Ashburry-Hawthorne, I will see you Wednesday." She turned and left the mans office.