View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 04:08 PM   #66 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Mariel and Tori
[QUOTE=emjay;11685883]Derisive laughter? Really? That was how a ministerial candidate felt it appropriate to respond to a Ministry Department Head's rebuttal of her allegations? It would seem Roxanne Carter had a bit to learn about how to handle herself if she wanted people to actually elect her to the office..

No, really.. a LOT to learn apparently. Mariel gave the woman a scandalized look then narrowed her eyes as Roxanne grasped a hold of her chin. "Take your hands off of me," she demanded, pulling her face back out of the woman's grasp. Who did that? She paid literally no attention to the rubbish spewing from the woman's mouth at this point. Ms. Carter was obviously clueless to the needs of the Ministry and the community, she was wasting no more time with her. Pretty much the only thing that kept Mariel from snapping in response to the woman's inappropriate behavior was the satisfaction in knowing that Ms. Carter's campaign was pretty much doomed at this point, but she only had herself to blame. Even if Mariel would take some credit for that.

Oh, was she done now? It would figure that the woman would think that she could have the last word and walk away without giving her the chance to respond. But as it happened, Mariel spotted her husband in the direction that Roxanne was headed so she took the opportunity to offer her parting thoughts as she also walked that way. "If nothing else at least the voters know what kind of reaction to expect from their potential Minister when she's faced with some criticism," she said sweetly, with only a hint of smugness. "But I doubt anyone else will appreciate such a patronizing, dismissive attitude.. or manhandling a person who has concerns with her issues." Certainly crossing a line in her book. "And I'll be sure to ask my husband write a glowing review of tonight's events," she added just before she steered clear of the woman altogether. That was what all the candidates wanted, right? Good press?

Ugh. Mariel was thoroughly annoyed, but she had a reason for being at this event and it was not to get riled up, at least not in the sense that it happened. Approaching Jorge and his coworker, she gave them both a knowing smile, certain they had both witnessed events. Not that she wanted that to have happened, but she really felt that she had no choice but to defend her hardworking department. "Hello, Tori," she greeted the redhead before slipping an arm around Jorge's waist and look up at him. "I think I should go home soon."

Jorge was more focused on the events then the person beside him so if Tori had said anymore he hadn’t heard. Watching his wife join them he put an arm around her. “You alright?” He did catch her final words to the woman and was still smirking at this point. He’d sure to make sure this Roxanne wasn’t looking too nicely in the public eye. His controversial pieces would not be in her favor, though he might let Tori handle it since it did involve his wife. She’d have to make it good though, no sugarcoating what the woman dressed in that evening sort of article.

Looking down at her he smiled, “But I think this place needs you around, you put some very nice light in here.” Stirring up the candidates was a great way for a story and he didn’t even have to do it. “I need to listen to a few more candidates and talk to a few more people then I’ll be ready, but if you want to leave before me I can just meet you at home.” He didn’t want her leaving alone though so he hoped she could hold out maybe another hour. “Though the better question is, are you going to be speaking to Emily Browne about that woman putting her hands on you?” Not that he had much faith in the MLE, but she had no business doing what she did and something needed done. Possibly her being taking off the list of candidates. Didn’t she say she was in France before, why doesn’t she go back.

SPOILER!!: Mariel, Simon, Cossy
Quote:
"Oh, I'm fine," Mariel smiled at Victoria at the question. She was certain that she caught the confrontation, but had she heard what the woman said.. and did? She felt it necessary that her words be heard by the woman - as she would bring her concerns to the Minister, though probably more polite unless there were unfounded allegations there as well. But she really wanted to put that out of her mind for now. She was here for Victoria's support.

And she was very pleased that the woman's husband was also there for support, knowing that it could have been difficult for him to get away from the school. "Regina's doing wonderfully," she said, smiling brighter. "Thank you for asking.. it was a bit difficult to leave her though." It was the first time she was gone for any length of time from her newborn baby and she was starting to feel an urge to get back to her.

Feeling almost as if she was intruding on husband and wife time as the couple discussed getting something to eat, green eyes fell on Simon Bennett as he stood nearby. "Are you a Victoria Culloden supporter or still leaving your options open?" she asked him curiously. He did agree with her earlier sentiments so perhaps he leaned that way, though there were others speaking as well which she vaguely tried to listen to before she would take her leave.

Glad her friend was fine she nodded, “What was that woman thinking.” She said in a quieter voice. She knew she shouldn’t be saying much about the other candidates, but seriously. The accusations from that woman were very personal to Victoria and her job. “I’m glad you spoke up, it was needed.” Mariel was the perfect person to confront the woman. She listened as Mariel spoke to Cossy about her daughter, she was such a precious little baby. “One evening you are home maybe we could stop over so you can see her.” He got her a gift how sweet.

Oh well she was glad things were good and it was just Simon being on his toes. She’d hate to think that he was upset or something was going on. When he commented about her work study her eyes brightened. This was something she was very excited about. “That’s exactly what I mean. I would plan on looking at the YATI program more closely to see if we could utilize it throughout the ministry in the ways other departments would need it of course. “ Not meaning to make everyone go through that specific program of course. “I’ve just seen a rise in the number of young people coming into our ministry with little to no job experience. Some do not have the working ethics that we need to run our departments. I think if we had a true work study program in place it could help students learn the skills that you can’t in a book for a department they are interested in. This could give them very important life skills and help our ministry hire experienced people.” Her own department had seen a few headaches in the young department over the years.

Turning her eyes back to the little group she didn’t mean to go off on a tangent, but she just was so passionate about this program. It had been years in the making over her thoughts and experience. A smile crossed her lips as her husband said her speech was brilliant. She felt it could have been better, but it was still early in the campaign. “Maybe I should really think about getting someone to help me like a manager or maybe a best friend even though it’s selfish for me to ask when she has a small infant at home.” Cossy was helping her as well, but she thought maybe she needed a ministry person to help guide her thoughts onto parchment to make her speeches a little more to the point. She really did want to win and felt she’d be a great person for the job. “Mr. Clark seems to know his stuff.” She just wasn’t sure if a board member was a good candidate for the minister position. The question yet again crossing her mind if he should stay on as a member of the board or not. It seemed like a conflict of interest maybe? Though it wasn’t really her concern at the moment.

Cossy was right about something, “Yes Mr. Kingsley seems to be a good candidate so does Ms. Radley. I think you are right about focusing on them.” She’d say the three were her biggest competition. Though she wasn’t going to just wave off the others either. It was only their first speeches. Everyone was still very much in this running. She liked the ideas her husband was giving, “Those are great ideas.” She wondered if maybe him and Mariel could join forces to be part of her campaign team.

SPOILER!!: Gavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

Despite Victoria always meaning some greater good, he couldn't help but feel that she'd been teasing him, if only a little, as she approached. When was socializing ever good for anyone? Given the choice he'd be at home locked away in his potions lab but alas, the demands of the job dictated that he present himself so here he was. And she'd seen him eyeing her husband, well that saved him half the work. Gavin's brows raised somewhat incredulously at her words. Blink. "Been home the last few days? Who's been holding down his classes?" He could pretend to understand the innate need to support one's spouse but this wasn't the major event, it was a simple meet and greet. Surely the children's education shouldn't have had to suffer for that. "I imagine he'd have wanted to wait til the next holiday before coming back from Scotland." It was brilliant he was back to normal though, made the rate of infection less likely in such a crowded space. No one knew what caused it and Gavin didn't want to be next. He grimaced somewhat at her question. "Don't see how I could but I suppose it could be worse." Yes, notably worse. People could be rushing to shake his hand!

His attention kept bouncing between the Candidates going up to give their speeches and the one holding a conversation with him now. It'd been his intention to listen to the words of the curious bloke just now until he was given his own question to mull over. Wasn't she on the ball? Gavin thought it over for a moment, trying to recall things he'd seen work and things that didn't before finally offering a response. "A people person; someone the majority know and love--someone who can gain their trust without having to try too hard. Of course this has to be balanced with integrity and having the people's best interest at heart. With so many people looking to you, you have to be sure you don't disappoint." There was a little more to it than that, but that was the basic of it.

She chuckled at Gavin’s comment, he was a smart man, but wasn’t thinking to clearly about transportation now was he. “He flooed home for an evening to return my wand and let me know he was alright. We discussed what was going on at that school and the next morning he flooed back to be back for his duties and lessons. I’m very glad he did, because I’ve been worried about him. How I left him that day was not a way one wants to leave their husband.” He could understand that couldn’t he? What if Emily had been possessed or one of his nieces. “When you can floo it’s very easy to visit.” Honestly her friend wasn’t that oblivious of how things worked certainly he knew professors didn’t fully stay in the castle the entire term.

She was more than ecstatic that he was able to make it this evening. “He surprised me by coming tonight. It was very sweet.” Glancing back over towards him. It was very sweet of him to floo over just for this. “Well if you need rescued from anyone you know I’ll be around talking to people.” What were friends for if not to rescue from awkward socializing.