View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 03:01 AM   #62 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Vic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She certainly saw his looks and chuckled to herself. Excusing herself for a moment, Victoria walked over towards him. "Gavin, so glad to see you here and mingling. Good for you." She was clearly joking. She felt he was a little more social then he tried to make known. "I see you were noticing Cossy. He came home a few days ago and was back to normal. He doesn't really know what caused it. It worries me that he doesn't." She had every right to be worried and want part of her reason to run about that school, but that certainly was not a main focus. Bart with that stroke, the winter thing, and now this. She had to have aged years just from the ordeals. "Having a good night?" She was curious on his thoughts, but wouldn't ask. She wasn't rude, she was his friend after all and she cared that he was having a good time.

Despite Victoria always meaning some greater good, he couldn't help but feel that she'd been teasing him, if only a little, as she approached. When was socializing ever good for anyone? Given the choice he'd be at home locked away in his potions lab but alas, the demands of the job dictated that he present himself so here he was. And she'd seen him eyeing her husband, well that saved him half the work. Gavin's brows raised somewhat incredulously at her words. Blink. "Been home the last few days? Who's been holding down his classes?" He could pretend to understand the innate need to support one's spouse but this wasn't the major event, it was a simple meet and greet. Surely the children's education shouldn't have had to suffer for that. "I imagine he'd have wanted to wait til the next holiday before coming back from Scotland." It was brilliant he was back to normal though, made the rate of infection less likely in such a crowded space. No one knew what caused it and Gavin didn't want to be next. He grimaced somewhat at her question. "Don't see how I could but I suppose it could be worse." Yes, notably worse. People could be rushing to shake his hand!

SPOILER!!: Becca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
"Mrs." Becca corrected Kingsley with a smile, but paused for a moment. "Not particularly, but I live in hope that you'll be more favourable." Hm. Her gaze turned to Gavin again, and she nodded. "I am." Unfortunately for him. His refusal of the drink, brought a shrug from Becca. "Okay! I understand." Oh, she really did. The Senior Undersecretary was either very cautious and very smart, or he just had issues with people. Maybe a little of both? Her eyes were drawn to the podium once more as Preston left, and she listened to his speech. Her immediate reaction was that some candidates were already biting at each other's necks. A smile appeared at Preston using his experience to inspire confidence in people, and the added touch of acknowledging those who came before. She wasn't convinced, though. What was his hidden motive?

"In your opinion, Mr. Isaacs, what makes a successful Minister?" Not a candidate. A minister. Becca's bright blue eyes focused on the man's face.

His attention kept bouncing between the Candidates going up to give their speeches and the one holding a conversation with him now. It'd been his intention to listen to the words of the curious bloke just now until he was given his own question to mull over. Wasn't she on the ball? Gavin thought it over for a moment, trying to recall things he'd seen work and things that didn't before finally offering a response. "A people person; someone the majority know and love--someone who can gain their trust without having to try too hard. Of course this has to be balanced with integrity and having the people's best interest at heart. With so many people looking to you, you have to be sure you don't disappoint." There was a little more to it than that, but that was the basic of it.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.