View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 04:17 PM   #60 (permalink)
Becky
Hufflepuff

DMC & DIMC
ICW Ambassador
SS 100 Triumphant
Veela

Ministry RPG Name:
Becca Yenorin

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Stuart Taylor
International Cooperation
Default Podium post!
Liz's Bestie ● Helvetica ● ● Jigglypuff ● Jeff Vader

This was why Becca knew she shouldn't have waited.

The woman had pretty much said the same thing she was about to say. Her blue eyes closed slowly, but she sighed and just shook her head. "I'm going to address the people before my whole speech is ruined completely. I'll come back for your response, Mr. Isaacs." Becca gave him a small nod, but moved to step up to the podium. Clearing her throat, she finally addressed the people in the room.

“Ladies, Gentleman, and those who identify as otherwise,” Becca started her speech, hoping that other candidates would realise that there were other kinds of magical beings out there that were important too. She was including them all! “My name is Becca Yenorin, and I would first like to state that if any of you have any questions for me, I am always available to you. It does not matter to me if you are a department head, an employee or simply a citizen of this country, I will make time for you. Everyone in this country is vital, and I think it’s about time someone showed you that.”

The confident redhead stood a little straighter, but also looked people directly in the face. “Secondly, I would like to thank those who have set this up, those who are interested in being here to inform themselves and the rest of the wizarding world,” She gave a nod to the reporters, “Those who were late because they were doing their jobs,” Her gaze went to Gidyun, but she looked back to the bigger group of people again “And those who simply dragged themselves here because they were expected to be here.” Mr Isaacs, and Warren. Yep. She had started to form opinions. “I appreciate you all making the effort, and I’m sure the other candidates do too,” But she couldn’t speak for them.

The next thing she WOULD have talked about was Minister Kettleburn, but she always told the kids that if you couldn’t say anything nice and mean it, don’t say anything at all, so she moved on. “I’ve heard the saying that those who don’t want power are the ones who are meant to have it, and while I do agree to some extent, I believe that those who have had to fight to be heard deserve some consideration.” Her gaze went back to Gid for a few seconds before she took a deep breath and continued. “Everyone has had difficult times, no one can ever say that they haven’t had a hard week or day. Those are the times when you need to have someone by your side that you trust and who will help you weather the storm. I believe that the Ministry and country needs this from a Minister.” Her hands were settled on the podium, so she ran her thumb over the wood as she spoke. “I implore you to choose a candidate who inspires confidence in you, who YOU believe will make the best decision to keep our economy flourishing and continue to lay the foundations for this country to stay great.” Were people following? She hoped so.

“My time in two Ministries has given me a unique insight into how they work, and I would make sure to implement and reintroduce some ideas from both of these institutions that worked well in practice, and if they don’t work out, then we can fix it easily.” We. Not her. We. Everyone ended up helping out anyway, so she might as well point that out. “I have been the person who slept at her desk, and I have been the person who has sent home the person who slept at their desk from working so hard. I remember everything about my time in the departments I’ve worked in and that has only served to make me work harder to make sure that every person that I can help gets that from me. I will not be unavailable, or unwilling to listen.” Accessible and helpful were Becca all over. Mhmm!

“Some candidates have talked about the youth of this generation in the context of education, and while I am going to touch on the subject of children, I would first like to make it clear that each and every child is their own person. They all need someone to listen, to help, and to guide them through their emotions and magic. That is what Hogwarts is there for, and I will defer to those who have built their lives around being everything that these young people need.” See? She DIDN’T know everything, and she wasn’t going to pretend to do so. “With that being said, I do believe that we need to address the fact that they will grow up quicker than any of us realise, and soon they will be the people that are looked to for leadership. As a society, we have a fundamental need to make sure that we leave this for them the way it has been left for us; flourishing and sustainable.” One hand lifted and gestured to people for emphasis. “I have children, and I am sure a number of you here do, too. I only want the best for them.” That was why she wasn’t going to beg them to vote for her. She was going to request they think long term instead of short term.

“A true leader isn’t all about the here and now. They think about the long term effects on society, too.” Yes, Roxanne. Looking at you with your Military boot camps. “If I can influence your decision in any way, I would like to only request that you choose the Minister who seems right for you and, if you agree with me about the long term, who seems to be the right person to set an example for the generation. Thank you for listening, and I hope to meet you all face to face.”

Finally, Becca stepped back and calmly walked back to Mr. Isaacs to hear his response to her question. Her ego had been left at the door as someone had written on the advice notes.

But tomorrow is ours to win or lose.