View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 03:19 PM   #59 (permalink)
Lottiepot

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
Default Podium Post
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Tired of waiting around to be spoken to and not feeling the urge to interrupt others conversations, the blonde headed towards the podium in order to voice her ‘candidacy’ towards the nation. Or rather just those that were present and wanting to respond. She didn’t want her speech to be too long. She didn’t want it full of promises to the people and bribes towards those who were close. In some sense this was a popularity contest but she was appealing towards those whom had not yet made their minds up about who they ‘liked’ because they were ‘cute’ or because they were quirky or because they appeared to be qualified. She wanted to be a different sort of leader.

As she stood up behind the podium she was grateful that it was not too tall. Despite how amusing it would be to see this tiny woman attempting to reach the microphone she did actually wish to be a serious contender for this race.

“Hello. My name is Erica Radley and I am one of your candidates running for Minister of Magic. Now I have listened intently to my opponent’s thoughts and ideas and although I do not agree with some of what they have said, I respect their values and passion that they are injecting into this campaign.

I too am a mother, I have two beautiful children at home and I wish to do everything that is right for them and for the rest of the next generation amongst us. However I am not concerned with taking over the education system. I am not qualified to do so. I fully respect that there is a Board of Governors and a team of rather wonderful professors and staff at the school with ambitions to do what is right by our children. I am far more concerned with keeping us, as an entire Wizarding World protected. What good would it be to try and control the school when the rest of the country could be falling to pieces?

As a candidate I wish to listen to the thoughts and ideas of the people. I am not a dictator, I do not make false promises and I do not wish to make this nation exactly as I propose it to be. I would be a fair and attentive leader and I would make sure to hold regular conferences in which you, as the people, would ensure that your voices are heard. Further to this I would ensure that relations between the entire Wizarding communities, be them humans, beings or beasts are respected and protected by our people and by our Ministry. So instead of declaring all these ‘wonderful’ changes that I could try and make happen I want YOU to all tell me what it is you wish to change. I want this campaign to be run by you, the people the ones whose opinions truly matter. Tell me if you do not like the way a department is run, stand up and voice your opinion if you wish for something to be changed.

A good Minister is not one whom is campaigning to change a community into the way that they wish but one who wishes to change a community into one that is better for the people. We, or certainly not I, are not here because it would inflate our egos to be effectively in control but because we want to see our nation running as smoothly as we can. For our loved ones, for our neighbours and for the future generations.

I held a high position in the Ministry and spent four wonderful years working within the establishment in which I grew to thoroughly admire the people that spend their lives doing what is right for us all. I worked under two Ministers during this time but I know that despite the obvious occurrences that have been reported within our publications I would devote my attention to protecting us as well as our former ministers have done so in the past. We are still standing strong and we will not let this change.

I apologise that I have probably spent far too much of your time talking and I will allow you to proceed with the evenings entertainment.

Thank you.”

She stepped off from the podium and headed back towards the banquet to try out one of the delicious treats that were on offer. Just one.