View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 05:06 AM   #55 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

SPOILER!!: Roxanne + Jorge and Tori
Quote:
Before she could reach the buffet, however, she was way laid by the Games and Sports head. Who seemed to have an overinflated view of just how important Quidditch was in the grand scheme of things. It was amusing, really. Except when you considered what else that money could've been used for. Like, for example, keeping the Specialties department afloat. Though, all this woman was getting for her efforts to defend herself was a small chuckle.

Once she got her laughter under control, Roxanne replied. "Oh, honey," she began in a voice one might use on a particularly dim child and taking the woman's chin firmly yet gently, "how misinformed and misguided you are. I can I assure you that I've done my research on the disaster of a Ministry that is run around here. And you seem to have an overinflated view of just how important Quidditch and your department in general is, Mrs.De La Garza." Yes, she'd done her research in that regards as well. "Something that it would do you better to realize sooner rather than later. Now if you'll excuse me, sweetheart, there's some business I must attend to elsewhere." Like at the buffet table. She released the younger woman's chin and took her leave then, walking over to said table, passing one Althea Scabior on her way.
Derisive laughter? Really? That was how a ministerial candidate felt it appropriate to respond to a Ministry Department Head's rebuttal of her allegations? It would seem Roxanne Carter had a bit to learn about how to handle herself if she wanted people to actually elect her to the office..

No, really.. a LOT to learn apparently. Mariel gave the woman a scandalized look then narrowed her eyes as Roxanne grasped a hold of her chin. "Take your hands off of me," she demanded, pulling her face back out of the woman's grasp. Who did that? She paid literally no attention to the rubbish spewing from the woman's mouth at this point. Ms. Carter was obviously clueless to the needs of the Ministry and the community, she was wasting no more time with her. Pretty much the only thing that kept Mariel from snapping in response to the woman's inappropriate behavior was the satisfaction in knowing that Ms. Carter's campaign was pretty much doomed at this point, but she only had herself to blame. Even if Mariel would take some credit for that.

Oh, was she done now? It would figure that the woman would think that she could have the last word and walk away without giving her the chance to respond. But as it happened, Mariel spotted her husband in the direction that Roxanne was headed so she took the opportunity to offer her parting thoughts as she also walked that way. "If nothing else at least the voters know what kind of reaction to expect from their potential Minister when she's faced with some criticism," she said sweetly, with only a hint of smugness. "But I doubt anyone else will appreciate such a patronizing, dismissive attitude.. or manhandling a person who has concerns with her issues." Certainly crossing a line in her book. "And I'll be sure to ask my husband write a glowing review of tonight's events," she added just before she steered clear of the woman altogether. That was what all the candidates wanted, right? Good press?

Ugh. Mariel was thoroughly annoyed, but she had a reason for being at this event and it was not to get riled up, at least not in the sense that it happened. Approaching Jorge and his coworker, she gave them both a knowing smile, certain they had both witnessed events. Not that she wanted that to have happened, but she really felt that she had no choice but to defend her hardworking department. "Hello, Tori," she greeted the redhead before slipping an arm around Jorge's waist and look up at him. "I think I should go home soon."

SPOILER!!: Victoria, Cossy, Simon
Quote:
Turning back to her husband she beamed, “I can’t believe you made it. This means so much to me that you did.” She knew he was busy, but the fact that he took the time to come and be with her and support her was just amazing. She felt so lucky and a bit more confident with him by her side. A voice made her eyes snap towards two people. Ms. Carter who had just spoken and her best friend and Mariel seemed hot. Which she had every right to be and Victoria was glad she was speaking up. Though she felt like she couldn’t help back her friend at the moment, not that Mariel needed it. She was doing well on her own. Seeing her come over she gave her a smile. “Thank you.” it was great to have the support of her best friend and a great department head. “You alright?” She’d had blushed by Mariel’s comments about her ideas, but she did feel they were good and her confidence had risen in recent years to know she could do this.
Quote:
Oh, look, her BFF was there too. "Hello Mariel," he cordially greeted her back, "My place is next to my wife's." Especially while she was going through such a difficult phase. He had to support her. The school could survive without him for a while.

"I hope the baby is well?" He still hadn't had time to visit them, give his birth present and wish a good life. He wanted to apologise for that, but another candidate was on podium..
Quote:
Simon soon noticed another woman join the support of the Quidditch head. This one he did in fact know, however their past was hopefully behind them. Mariel had never really been the one he had had a problem with anyway. So he was safe as long as marriage had calmed down Jorge's jealousy. "Yes...she does," the auror agreed truthfully. Certainly better than his former colleague. Jury was still out on her in comparison to Alicia though so he was keeping his final opinion open-minded.
"Oh, I'm fine," Mariel smiled at Victoria at the question. She was certain that she caught the confrontation, but had she heard what the woman said.. and did? She felt it necessary that her words be heard by the woman - as she would bring her concerns to the Minister, though probably more polite unless there were unfounded allegations there as well. But she really wanted to put that out of her mind for now. She was here for Victoria's support.

And she was very pleased that the woman's husband was also there for support, knowing that it could have been difficult for him to get away from the school. "Regina's doing wonderfully," she said, smiling brighter. "Thank you for asking.. it was a bit difficult to leave her though." It was the first time she was gone for any length of time from her newborn baby and she was starting to feel an urge to get back to her.

Feeling almost as if she was intruding on husband and wife time as the couple discussed getting something to eat, green eyes fell on Simon Bennett as he stood nearby. "Are you a Victoria Culloden supporter or still leaving your options open?" she asked him curiously. He did agree with her earlier sentiments so perhaps he leaned that way, though there were others speaking as well which she vaguely tried to listen to before she would take her leave.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line