View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 03:33 AM   #54 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default I lied she says she has to talk to him.. sorry
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: The adorable Husband
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarShine View Post
Cosgrach nodded at MLE man, Simon. "The pleasure is mine." He would have chatted lightly, but Victoria was busy making it to the papers, so he politely turned his attention to the reporter and his wife.

He chuckled back at the newspaper man. Of course they remembered him. "Well, you could call it a success: I have a wife now." They didn't meet through them, but they made him popular. Hehe.

Then, his attention was back at his wife, and his chest filled with even more pride. He was this woman's husband, who had the most brilliant ideas ever. He smiled sweetly and kissed her cheek back briefly. Yes, her point of view for the school was quite different than the rest: she wanted a better communication, not interference. He hoped the reporter would note that difference.

And soon, the man was gone. "Have a nice day, sir," he called as a goodbye at him before he was gone, and grinned at Victoria. "Of course. My woman is going to be the Ministry, I'd rather die than miss it."

Oh, look, her BFF was there too. "Hello Mariel," he cordially greeted her back, "My place is next to my wife's." Especially while she was going through such a difficult phase. He had to support her. The school could survive without him for a while.

"I hope the baby is well?" He still hadn't had time to visit them, give his birth present and wish a good life. He wanted to apologise for that, but another candidate was on podium...

...criticising some 10 year old event.

Seriously. Wasn't she undermining The Headmistress that Hogwarts thankfully had? Someone should have told her she was running for the minister, not headmistress. But Cosgrach wasn't complaining at all - this meant Victoria had just eliminated another opponent.

He could only hope the rest of the candidates were like this.

She hadn't blushed all evening, but her husband soon had her cheeks warm. "Oh Cossy, stop you don't know that yet, but I am glad you are here. You don't know how much that means to me." She smiled lovingly towards him. He was so supportive of this and she couldn't be more in love then that very moment.

Her eyes turned to yet another candidate a very much older one. Listening to what he had to say, she couldn't help, but be impressed. Though if he was on the Board how was he running? If he won would he be giving up his Board seat? It seemed a conflict of interest to keep both. Once he was finished she saw another go up. They all seemed to be getting braver no that she had broke the ice. It wasn't easy being first. His was another impressive one. Though she couldn't help, but feel a bit jaded her speech could have been better if she could have stood back and listened to others and talked to the audience a bit more too, but she was the brave one that went first and that should show she didn't have a lack of confidence or she wasn't afraid to stand for what she believed.

Looking back to her husband she gave a little bit of a worried look, "Do you really think my speech was good? Maybe I should have said more. " She certainly thought her's was better then some, but maybe not good enough. No she wasn't going to second guess herself. She knew why she was running and she wasn't going to let things like speeches get in her way of that. "Are you hungry, the food looks really good." Though she wasn't feeling like eating anymore.

SPOILER!!: Gavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Gavin was beginning to get the idea that his luck wouldn't be changing any time soon. The one man caused someone else to approach, just when he thought he'd been doing an excellent job of staying unnoticed in this sea of people. "It's a pleasure, Mrs. Yenorin." He replied, ever the gentleman even in the face of the most horrifying situations. "Gidyun's wife, correct?" He'd never had a proper conversation with the man but he wasn't completely out of the loop, maybe except for the fact he didn't know she would be running. "No thanks." He replied with the most apologetic of smiles. For starters he didn't trust things offered to him in public places with strange people (weren't they all strange?) and second, he might need something a little stronger if this continued.

He caught the smile Vic had sent, very much aware of how he must have looked from his seat here on the couch but he was a little preoccupied watching her husband now that she'd pointed him out. He was the one who'd gone haywire correct? The one who taught at Hogwarts and possibly should still have been there in case it was something more serious and lingering?

Interesting.

"I do hope so as well." Gavin said with a firm nod. He meant every word of what he'd said, not particularly bothered by the prospect of the prophet having a field day. On the contrary, if some of them could see their mistakes in print, perhaps they'd revise their approach and he wouldn't be so worried about the future of the Ministry. At this point, his confidence lied in the speeches he had not yet heard. A terrible look on life but fitting.

"I don't believe I've heard your take." He said after a moment of silent crowd surveillance. He'd like to hear his opinions if only to confirm their was a functional brain somewhere in his head.

Wouldn't that just make his day?

She certainly saw his looks and chuckled to herself. Excusing herself for a moment, Victoria walked over towards him. "Gavin, so glad to see you here and mingling. Good for you." She was clearly joking. She felt he was a little more social then he tried to make known. "I see you were noticing Cossy. He came home a few days ago and was back to normal. He doesn't really know what caused it. It worries me that he doesn't." She had every right to be worried and want part of her reason to run about that school, but that certainly was not a main focus. Bart with that stroke, the winter thing, and now this. She had to have aged years just from the ordeals. "Having a good night?" She was curious on his thoughts, but wouldn't ask. She wasn't rude, she was his friend after all and she cared that he was having a good time.