View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 05:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Stefan
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiai View Post
Dusting himself off, another thing he hated about using the floo network, Dmitry looked carefully at the other man. Was he sure he was alright? Because he had fallen over. At least he wasn't bleeding or anything...

Young man? That was kind of flattering. Although he certainly didn't think he classified as young anymore Dmitry was not going to correct him. He could call him young all he wanted. "It's fine," Dmitry said, waving off the apology. "Are you sure you're alright though? I didn't actually step on you did I?" because that could be dangerous and this guy might just be saying he was fine. In which case Dmitry would have to feel guilty. "You know, I didn't think they actually manually checked the fireplaces while the floo was active," not that he'd really know but it didn't seem like that bright of an idea. Especially if they apparently couldn't tell where a person was coming from. This guy was probably lucky that it wasn't a busier time of a day.

"Oh. Um. Thank you." So smooth Dmitry. So smooth. And he was meant to be a liaison and trained in Diplomacy. That was totally coming through with this stranger.
Well, he did step on his face, but that is entirely his fault. No need to worry this guy now, "Oh, yes, yes. I'm absolutely fine. I've had grander accidents before," Like, falling off his motorbike while in full speed? Yes, well he can thank his magical blood for that because if it wasn't for it, he'd be dead right now. "Not a scratch see? I'm good." Nod nod. And yep, he really shouldn't do that again, and most probably warn his employees about sticking one's head while the fireplace is active.

But then again, what if it's the only way to check if the floo is working? "Oh, I may have to check with my employees then. These networks should run perfectly smoothly everyday."

"Again, I'm terribly sorry about the incident." Paxton wiped his hand on his trousers and offered it to the young man. "I'm Robert Paxton, Department Head for Magical Transportation." Well, double the awkward because this bossman just made a fool of himself. Meep.

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.