View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 05:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
Saiai

DIMC & DMAC
Cockatrice

Ministry RPG Name:
Dmitry Konstantinov
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Joshua Falsworth
Accidents & Catastrophes

x1 x2
cœur perfide | super prosecutor | Ameh's Squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
Well...yes, definitely the fireplace was active. What Paxton didn't know was his head was currently inside the active fireplace where a person was sure to arrive any time. It took him moments to realize this, and was about to get himself out of it when bam!

Paxton backed away immediately, tripping on himself and coughing the residue of the floo powder out of his lungs. "So much for having a good first day..." he muttered to himself as he got up and dusted himself.

The Department Head, whose hair was now full of soot looked at the young man before him. Boy, are all Ministry workers in here that young? There was Kyleigh, Patrick, Vincent, Enzo, and all of them were in his department. "Oh don't worry about me, young man. I'm fine." he said as he grinned at the boy. He lost count as to how many times he fell on his motorbike, and thank Merlin he is still intact. "I'm sorry about that, mister. I thought you were coming in from the next fireplace..." Huh. Maybe he should do something about that...

"Welcome to the Ministry." Errr, yeah. Awkward? Kinda.
Dusting himself off, another thing he hated about using the floo network, Dmitry looked carefully at the other man. Was he sure he was alright? Because he had fallen over. At least he wasn't bleeding or anything...

Young man? That was kind of flattering. Although he certainly didn't think he classified as young anymore Dmitry was not going to correct him. He could call him young all he wanted. "It's fine," Dmitry said, waving off the apology. "Are you sure you're alright though? I didn't actually step on you did I?" because that could be dangerous and this guy might just be saying he was fine. In which case Dmitry would have to feel guilty. "You know, I didn't think they actually manually checked the fireplaces while the floo was active," not that he'd really know but it didn't seem like that bright of an idea. Especially if they apparently couldn't tell where a person was coming from. This guy was probably lucky that it wasn't a busier time of a day.

"Oh. Um. Thank you." So smooth Dmitry. So smooth. And he was meant to be a liaison and trained in Diplomacy. That was totally coming through with this stranger.