View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 08:58 PM   #128 (permalink)
the fastest seeker
Dark Force Defense League

Porlock

Ministry RPG Name:
Lara Black
Minister's Office
x1
Queen of Typos | The OTHER OTHER Roro | WICKED is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
The conversation hadn’t been going long, yet Amethyst already felt like Lara could very well end up her first friend amongst her coworkers. Even if it was merely out of necessity, both of them feeling a little lost in the new environment. Exploration was always nicer with another person to bounce ideas off of, and she hadn’t had that for a while now. Certainly not professionally, but now she was stepping back into that and company was definitely welcome. Especially when it was from someone who would be just as new to the Ministry as herself. “When you’re not alone, you don’t feel quite as lost anyhow,” she pointed out with a smile. At the very least, it meant you were lost with someone to talk to. If the British Ministry was anything like the American one, it could be very easy to get a bit turned around if one wasn’t careful. Having someone else to find her way with would be nice.

“Oh,” she’d said again, as the question of where Lara was working was answered. “Congratulations.” Victoria had spoken of how she’d be working under Gavin, but Lara would be even closer to the action. So to speak, anyhow. “I’m to be the new administration supervisor. Overseeing the secretaries and messages and such. I guess the office in general, to be specific,” she continued, as the question had been turned to her. It still seemed like her new possible friend had the more exciting job, yet it still meant possibilities of them seeing each other.
Administration supervisor. That sounded really important and was certainly lighter to say than Lara's new position. And since she was familiar with the rankings she could fathom an idea on what did Amythest study or work before. Which brought a question to her. "Where did you use to work before? If you do not mind me asking." Would she? She didn't look like someone who would but it did not hurt to be polite. At least until they got to get to know each other more.

Casting a look around her, Lara noticed that she's been at the entrance for quite a while now. Well, longer than people were intended to spend time here at least. "Did you happen to see Mister Isaacs going in?" She asked. She intended to catch the man and start her job as his PA RIGHT AWAY. She'd been unemployed for a while that she looked forwards to it. She did not know though if the undersecretary was as well.

And though I may not look like much -----------------------------I'm yours