View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 10:20 AM   #127 (permalink)
SilverTiger

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
She smiled hearing the small laugh come from Amethyst. She was part of the ministry now and Victoria was happy to meet her this evening. Her brown eyes looked around as she suggested people were still dressed up. Yes she could agree, she had dressed up as well, but she wanted to look good. As a manager she felt she needed to present herself professionally. "You are right, it seems everyone decided to wear what they chose was appropriate for the evening." Which was fully fine, but she always enjoyed a reason to dress up. "It was black tie last year, so yes no formal wear tonight." Not that she'd be surprised if a few would come dressed that way.

Oh she chuckled with Amethyst comment about the stories. "Well my oldest son is a fourth year there, so yes I hear many stories about the things that go on there even when I'd rather not know." Some of the things she had hears about that school was just not what she needed nor wanted to hear.

Her brown eyes hit the faces yet again, "He'll be here, though I haven't seen him yet, but all the department heads make an appearance at orientation to introduce themselves to their new employees." It was expected she was under the impression at least. "Oh were you at home for awhile?" Was she a mother and possibly a stay at home mom? Victoria could certainly relate to that. She had been one while married the first time.
The longer she spoke to the older woman, the more Amethyst had found herself relaxing. There wasn’t anything to be nervous about. Everyone was there to get to know each other, and she’d already managed to meet a couple of people. It was an accomplishment and she knew that would make it that much simpler later on once she was actually at work. Talking to people had never been a problem for her anyhow, no matter the opinion some had of those who had done her previous job. She was out of the lab now, and she was back to work. “That’s always nice. Being able to wear what you feel comfortable wearing, that is. Even if it means looking a bit out of place amongst everyone,” she commented, glancing around at the few who had apparently chosen to wear jeans or other more casual items of clothing. “Black tie can be fun as well, however. I can’t say I’ve gone to many functions requiring that much formality, yet I can imagine it would have been.” She hadn’t seen anyone choose that for this event yet. Being near the entrance did have its perks.

Her attention had returned to Victoria as she heard the second laugh. She hadn’t expected her comment to have been that amusing, but then she also hadn’t known if her assumption there were stories coming from Hogwarts was true either. “Oh, I can imagine that would make sense. There are some things a mother would rather just not know.” With a teenage boy, especially. She remembered when her brother had been that age, anyhow. It had been interesting.

Apparently either her new boss hadn’t arrived yet or was choosing not to attend, as well. That was what she’d gotten from Victoria’s next answer, combined with what she’d already learned about Mr. Isaacs. “Do they? That’s nice of them,” she murmured, back to glancing around even though she wouldn’t have recognized anyone on sight in the first place. Being introduced now would save time once work actually began, yet she knew she could wait if necessary as well. “Well, I was living with my grandparents,” she corrected, as another question had been directed toward her that returned her attention to her companion. “I moved here, to Scotland actually, a few years back. Before I had my daughter. She’s two now, and visiting with her father while I’m here.” It was a complicated situation. One she wasn’t about to get into right now unless it was asked of her.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero