Thread: Boating Lake
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 02:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
With the trip to the food marquee behind him, Gavin was willing to conclude that he'd had his fill of people for the day. In the back of his mind, he was aware there were a lot of workers within the Ministry but that number took on a whole different meaning when he could see them piling in with smiles and long conversations that made him wish the ground would swallow him up.

"You can pretend it's whatever you want it to be but it's away from everyone else and allows you some one on one with me. It's a brilliant deal, you have to admit." His first conceited statement of the afternoon, it'd been long coming, even she had to admit that.

"Could change the design if it bothers you that much." But then everyone else would and he wasn't sure the owners would appreciate that. Lead by example Ms. Browne.
The swans were dreadful, could he not see that? It was sickly sweet, which was most certainly not her style, nor his for that matter. Of course, it didn't come as a surprise that Gavin decided to preen his ego somewhat. Was that the first or second time today? Either way, it was a stellar effort to have lasted this long without. "Brilliant indeed," she mused dryly. "And I suppose the boats will help, since I may in fact go weak at the knees if you keep this up." And by this, she was referring to his ever-amazing-looks or something along those lines. Another ego boost for him, not that he needed it.

As for changing the design, well now that was appealing. But she had always endured her hardships, faced them head on, and in the grand scheme of things, this was just a swan shaped boat - it was hardly worth the effort. "I'm confident I'll live," and therefore, no need to kick up a fuss, right?

Emily dropped her hand from Gavin's arm and lightly stepped off the jetty and into one of the boats. It wasn't so bad once she was in it, didn't look as much like a swan from the inside than it had from the outside... she could ignore this now.