Thread: Food Marquee
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #69 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expecto-Penguin View Post
As she was done talking to her boss, she heard a voice and it made her jump. She turned around and smiled. "Why yes you heard right.." she laughed. "I am a new employee in Accident and Catastrophes. I am Jasmine.." she held out her hand for her to shake. "And you are..?" she asked curiously. She was happy to be meeting one of her future co workers.
Shaking the other blonds hand Sophie said with a warm beam. "It's a pleasure to meet you Jasmine. I'm Sophie and Iäm new to Accidents and Catastrophes too." Something told her that Jasmine wasn't in her division either but it couldn't hurt to get it confirmed. "I'm in the accidental magical reversal squad division. In what division will you be in?" It was fun to meet her co-workers but Sophie sincerely hoped that she wouldn’t have to repeat the official name of her division many times because it was a mouthful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Cassie turned to the new woman and smiled. "Yes I could. I usually only take muggle photos but they could me magical if I wanted. It depends on how they're developed." She wasn't very good at developing them magically, so on the occasions on which she'd had to do it that way, she'd sent them to a specific agency. Cassie realized she'd have to find one around London if the need ever came up.
"That's pretty cool!" Sophie pointed out amazed. She didn't take pictures that often herself and bringing one to a job function had never crossed her mind. "So do you work as a photographer?" It was a plausible assumption since there were always media present at special events. A garden party could probably qualify. "I'm Sophie Connolly by the way. I work in Accident’s & Catastrophes. And you are?" she asked sticking out a hand for a shake. It was probably time to get the pleasantries dusted off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Speaking of new hires...OHMIGOSH. There were a bunch of them, all flocking to the department head and forming a decent sized crowd. Tucker couldn't help but smile - it was nice knowing he wasn't the only new employee on level 3. "I'm in Experimental Charms," he explained with a smile to the woman who had joined them. Sophie? Ok, good to know.
Turning her attention to Tucker she nodded."Cool, I'm in the Accidental Magical Reversal Squad.# Please don't tell me to repeat that. "Basically I will work in the lab and do field work." Yes that was better. Taking up a skewer she eyed it considering before she plucked it into her mouth. "So you like charms then?" Sophie wondered. A reasonable question since Tucker was now in the division that specialized on charms.

SPOILER!!: Aron
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Aron chuckled right along with Sophie, and even a bit more firmly with her inquiry. Had it not been clear that that had been a tone of sarcasm as well? Sure, there had been that unfortunate incident a few years back, but it hadn't been the food's fault exactly. "I eat from the Ministry's food court," he replied. Which should be a good enough answer. Suspicious of everything was a good trait to have for an A&C employee...but hopefully this one wasn't the sort to over stress about everything and active look for problems. Could drive a person mad.

"Aron will do just fine. Ashburry-Hawthorne is far too long to use out in the field, especially in a pinch." He could just imagine some new kid, maybe Tucker, stumbling over saying his full last name and getting whacked right between the eyes by a stray spell because his focus was lost.
Slightly smug smile gracing his chiseled features, he nodded his head towards Tucker and Sophie as the blonde spoke. "Well, actually Jazz, these two right here are new to the department as well. Sophie is with a different division, but Tucker here is in the same division as yourself."
"Sophie," he said, turning his attention towards the new employee. "That bloke over there, Derek, also works in your division."

Heaving a small sigh of relief Sophie said "I'll go check out the food court when I've settled in. On the days I'm on call for emergencies though I’ll probably bring a food box to work. I hope that’s okay?" Aron's firm comment had eased her worries somewhat but not totally. "I'm excited to see the lab Aron. Is it big and spacious?" She asked trying to mask her hopes. If it was small and stuffy she’d probably hope for emergencies to ensue everyday or her claustrophobia, might make itself more apparent. Hopefully she wouldn’t be working totally alone.

SPOILER!!: Derek & Ember
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
"DEREEEKKK!" Ember's shriek was probably way too loud. Maybe Ember wasn't very professional. OH WELL. Life was entirely too short to be professional. She LEAPT at the Potiony-dude and HUGGED him.
Last time she had done that...well, he had freaked out. But their friendship was BLOSSOMING and she hoped he would be more....OPEN to hugs now. "MY FIRST FRIEND AT THE MINISTRY. How ARE you, deaaaar?!" she asked excitedly, visibly bouncing again, all of her dangly jewelry clamoring around her head and ears and neck. "You came! Isn't this LOVELY, D-rek?!" she asked and she TWIRRRRRLED around him and patted his Head. "You're such an adorable specimen--DEREK. I am SOOOOO happy you came!" she cried
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post

He was about to turn around with his sandwich in his hand to try and find a quiet corner he could sit by himself when some banshee decided to call him. Not really. He knew that voice too well, but that didn't mean he was startled big time and almost dropped his food.
Blinking several times, the lab technician was about to wave and give her a little smile. "H-" But then a HUG HAPPENED. AGAIN.
Why.
The man froze as if hit by a Full Body-Bind Curse, just like the first time she had done it in the previous year. He tightened the grip on his sandwich, which made it turn into mush on one side and he obviously didn't hug the woman back.
Yeah, yeah, he was good. It was all very lovely, yes. And Merlin, she said he was adorable again. What did that even mean anyway?
No need to say Derek was obviously bright red. Again.

Following Aron's gesture Sophie studied the man that was going to be her co-worker for as long as she remained employed at the ministry in silence. Brushing a hand through her brown locks and making sure her earrings weren’t about to fall out Sophie was going to go over and introduce herself. However she reconsidered strongly when the dude was pretty much hug-attacked by another woman. Turning back to Aron she said "I uh think I’ll just meat him when we start working officially. Is Derek passionate about potions too?"