Thread: Food Marquee
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 12:18 AM   #61 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

SPOILER!!: Victoria with mention of Gavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
“Well you look absolutely stunning in it. Pregnancy suits you Mariel.” She grinned at her best friend and her belly. Just so cute, she felt her own maternal feelings pull, but no none of that. She wasn’t having anymore children. Three was plenty and she had that taken care of anyway after the twins.

She chuckled, “It really does, do you know even after having Maroon for the past sixteen years I would use my maiden name every so often and really confuse myself. I don’t even know where it came from. I’d just be writing and stop and laugh at myself. So this is just going to be entertaining having to previous last names.” Which would she accidently right, it was just a matter of time to figure it out. “De La Garza just sounds fitting for you though.” joking with her friend was second nature and fun, plus having the last name of a reporter wasn’t too bad really. “I think you’ve helped the reputation of that last name actually.” all joking aside, the ministry seemed to have soften to him, so maybe she had.

A frown moved onto the happy newlyweds face. “It is, the girls got very use to him being there too. Alana is always looking for him, but he does come home on the weekends and a few times through the week when he doesn’t have any duties to fulfill. So I’m grateful for that. Plus I’ve been having some major trouble with Bart lately, so it’s nice to know he’s there to watch over him.” The boy was out of control and she really didn’t know what to do with him anymore. Listening to the next thing Mariel ask, she had fully forgotten about that. “Oh we are staying in my house. I just don’t want to move Bart again and Cossy didn’t actually have a house, he was in an apartment, well his stuff was. He traveled a lot, so it was an easy move. His family is in Scotland, so we’ll be there visiting some I would think.” Though it didn’t seem like they were all that close at times.

Yes the Bart stuff, probably not the place to discuss, but she leaned in to explain to Mariel what was going on. “I know he’s of that teenage age, but it just seems too young. I don’t know what to do with him anymore or how to get him to calm down. Of course his father is nowhere to be found when needed. Off in the Bahamas with Rebecca. I know she did that on purpose just so they couldn’t see Bart while he was home, but Jon should know better and stand up to her.” She was bitter about that, she was tired of him being a pathetic father to her son. She sighed and turned her focus on something more positive. “Well that’s nice. Is this the sister with the little girl that came to the meet and greet?” Victoria remembered the child just a little. “Well I’m glad you did, I wouldn’t have had anyone to sit with if you didn’t.” She grinned towards her best friend before taking a bite of her food.

Her eyes shifted as she heard someone say ladies, "Hello Gavin, wonderful to see you." She smiled at her male friend. "Did you have a nice holiday?" She had seen him for a moment at the wedding, but she hadn't got to speak to him all that much.
No one could ever say that Mariel did not appreciate a well-said compliment directed her way and she beamed in response as Victoria bestowed several more upon her. "Thank you.. I am enjoying it." Maybe even more than she thought she would.. but she did love the attention, the way she looked, the little kicks from within. She got lost in thought a little thought as she lightly ran her hand over her belly and took a sip of her drink as Victoria continued talking.

Pulling herself from her distant thoughts, she focused her green eyes on her friend, chuckling a bit at her words. Three different last names.. that would make things interesting. But Mariel had grown fond of her new last name, in fact she was quite proud to wear it, Vic's next words causing another smile to cross her lips. "I do love it.. I think it sounds good on me. Oh.. have I?" she added, musing aloud softly. She didn't know if she did have an effect or not, really..and she did rather like the cutting edge stories that had been attached to his name. Hopefully if she had any effect on him or his reputation that it was in a positive light rather than negative. But she did like the connotations it held in her head.

She gave Vic a small, understanding smile as the woman spoke of her new husband. Merlin, it would be so hard for her to be away from Jorge like that and she was really glad she didn't have to endure that. "That's good that he can come home that often then." She knew it could be worse.. like last term with that freak winter and the floos not working properly. She nodded again as her best friend recounted the living arrangements. "That makes total sense. And I have to say I'm glad.. I like having you close," she added with a grin. Okay, that might be selfish reasons, but she could admit that. She had just been under the impression that he had owned the home in Scotland, especially given his age, but she didn't question it much. She liked this arrangement best.

Looking at her curiously, she leaned in a little closer as Vic did to hear her speak about Bart's issues, her eyes widening as she explained. "Oh my.." Slightly shocked, she sat back in her seat, absently rubbing her hand over her belly. "That is young.." She wasn't really out of touch with teenagers to think that, was she? She knew she didn't act like that at that age, though she was sure there were some of her peers that did. She thought a moment about how Jorge would react if their daughter was acting that way.. something she did not want to think about at all.. but she had an idea of how he would react or maybe with the boys she was hanging around, having seen his temper before. "Does Jon know what is going on with him?" Of course maybe she couldn't really reach him now.. which in itself was ridiculous. She could not stand weak men and she made a face of distaste as Vic mentioned him off with that dreadful Rebecca. "That is beyond ridiculous.. what kind of man abandons his responsibilities to run off with a woman like that as soon as she snaps her fingers?" Ugh.. disgusting.. be a man.

She felt somewhat bad for Vic, not really knowing what to say or have any advice to give other than keep him locked in his room. But what good would that do with him away at boarding school where she really couldn't do much except rely on teachers who, in her opinion, were generally inept. She hoped that her new husband was the exception to the Hogwarts standby. "It's good that Cosgrach is there to keep an eye on him then," she offered with a small smile. Maybe that would keep the boy out of trouble, especially now that he was officially his step-dad. Victoria seemed to be thankful for a change in subject and Mariel nodded at her question. "Yes.. you met Isa," she smiled, thinking of the girls. "Cassandra has two girls actually and it's been a fun weekend. She's starting to work on the nursery for us too." But she did feel that she shouldn't stay too long, being torn between family and work. "Oh, please," she chuckled. "I'm sure you'd have plenty of people to sit with." Victoria always seemed so much more social than she had ever been.

Looking up as she heard a voice address them and Victoria respond to it, Mariel offered the Senior Undersecretary a cordial smile. She had thought it rather kind of him to be in attendance at Vic's wedding though she really didn't have a chance to speak with him then because of matron of honor duties and being otherwise occupied with her husband. "Hello, Gavin," she said brightly. "Ready to get back into the swing of things?" While she did enjoy the break, she always looked forward to going back to work. She just had to remember to take it a little easier this time.

SPOILER!!: Jasper with mention of Heather
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherinSistah View Post

Jasper ran a finger along the fine edges of the teaware carefully inspecting it. Yes. Bone china. That was about when he'd heard her voice. And somewhat strange it was to hear it addressing him by his actual name. As if a veil were being gradually, layer by layer, pulled from their relationship. A strange new reality making it's way in and he wasn't sure if he mourned the loss of it or welcomed the new change. "Miss Jarvey." He said warmly, reaching out to greet her with a hug and realizing the obvious bump in her robes. "Well..." He saw her eye the beverages and considered the wine as well. He opted for tea for both the taste and consideration of present company. He took a drink then put the whole thing saucer and on onto the table within easy reach. "It's a bit nerve-wracking. But I suppose it's like that for all new appointees?" Oh, please say it was and he wasn't about to go into the early stages of a nervous breakdown...for the umpteenth time in his life. He couldn't afford another 'midlife' crisis at the moment. Not with his job and not with Heather.

Not that he wasn't paying attention, but all his thoughts caused the rather automatic reaction in Jasper to turn his head and look out for Heather. Ah, good. She was starring out at the lake. Relaxing. Maybe meditating? He'd never seen her meditate before. Had she'd seen something? Had it frightened her? "Heather?", he called with a waving of his hand. Get away from the lake? Come? There are canapes and cheese?
Marie's smile grew significantly hearing the nickname Jasper had for her and she returned the embrace with her one free arm. She did rather enjoy being called Miss Jarvey and thought for a moment whether he'd prefer the nickname she had had for him as well. Stepping back a bit as she realized her protruding belly had been noticeable with the hug, she chuckled as she let her hand rest on it. "Oh.. it's a girl," she said, smiling down at her belly before looking up again. "She's due in the Spring." The brunette was rather thankful for this stage in her pregnancy with the cute yet obvious bump and the morning sickness pretty much a memory.

Reaching for her glass of strawberry lemonade, she took a sip and nodded in understanding. "I think so. It was something of an adjustment for me," she admitted. Of course, it had been slightly different in that she had that dreadful hangar to maintain and there had been some tension between her and her best friend having become her boss, but yes, it was an adjustment. "But I feel like I'm in a good place with it all now, I'm sure you will as well. And if you need anything at all, even just to talk about how things are going, feel free," she offered with a cordial smile. She remembered the one and only time she went to Emily Browne for new DH advice and that ended in her husband getting arrested. She'd hope that she would be more approachable than that but the thought affected a subconscious frown to fall across her face.

Mariel had been lost in thought a moment and she took a sip of her drink as she pushed those thoughts away. She had been so good at letting that anger go and maintaining the professionalism she prided herself on, she wasn't going to change that now. But as her own thoughts had drifted momentarily, she had noticed that Jasper's attention had been diverted as well. Tilting her head, she gave the woman a curious look as she gazed out towards the lake, then offered a small smile in her direction before turning her green eyes back to the man next to her. "Your wife?" Merely a guess given the seeming protectiveness in his voice and mannerisms, but she could be wrong. It happened on a rare occasion.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line