Thread: Boating Lake
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaursOnASpaceship View Post
Nature was a beautiful thing, it really made Enzo feel calm and happy. Even though he didn't want to be here right now just looking at the water, the boats and trees just made him fell a lot better than he already was feeling. Enzo thought about his childhood home in America when his mother father had first split up, he was only five years old at the time and his sister was two years old. He didn't know what was going on with his family only that his mother had stayed at their townhouse in London. That was the first time he had ever been to America. There was this lovely lake house that his father had bought, he loved that place. With everything that was happening at the time he could just go and sit by the lake and read a book and escape into a different world.

Enzo took his gaze and looked up at the woman that had arrived next to him. She looked familiar to him but he couldn't figure out what her name was. The twenty-nine year old chuckled softly. "That's me. I got my professional start on the American team the Fitchburg Finches." That was almost twelve years ago back when he was eighteen. He would give anything to be back there again. He had learned a lot about Quidditch while he was at Hogwarts and playing but playing on a professional team was far different and the greatest part of his life. He had learned so much from being there. "Well I retired a little over a year ago and traveled the world. Now I'm hear for a job. I tried to get into the Games and Sports department but there were no openings for me so now I'm here about to work for Magical Transportation." Lets see how the first month goes in that department.
Mariel's quizzical look relaxed into a soft smile as the man next to her confirmed her thoughts. He was Enzo Abernathy, former player of Puddlemere United. But the Fitchburg part wasn't all that familiar for the brunette. "Sorry," she said with a friendly smile and a small shake of her head. "I'm not all that familiar with the American teams.. the British and Irish League is more my specialty." And some of the other international teams from years ago when she herself had played pro, but that wasn't as much her focus anymore.

So he had retired and the timing would make sense as to why it escaped her notice, not to mention the reason why he was here at a Ministry function. Apparently he was working for the Ministry now.. but what he said next threw her for a minute. "No openings?" Eyebrow raised, she fixed him with a curious look. "Your application did not come across my desk, Mr. Abernathy. If it had, I'm fairly certain I would have offered you a position." Former players often ended up in the Quidditch division of her department, though sometimes elsewhere. But their expertise was usually helpful in Games and Sports. Transportation though.. "I suppose someone in Human Resources saw something in your resume that fit well with Transportation," she added, lips pursed slightly in thought. It was too bad for her though having lost two in Quidditch and only gaining one. She likely could have used him. But maybe Transportation needed the position filled more.. not that she cared about that. Her department needed people too.

Pulling herself from her reverie, she offered the man a small smile to introduce herself as it seemed that he didn't quite place her after all. "Mariel De La Garza," she said, holding her hand out to shake. "I'm the Head of the Department for Magical Games and Sports. What is your position with Transportation? We often work closely with that department.." If it involved brooms, that is. She eyed him up, thinking a moment. She wondered if she could work something out and eventually get him into her department, since he seemed so eager and all.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line