Thread: Food Marquee
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 03:03 AM   #52 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default Gavin at the end
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Mariel
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
SPOILER!!: Victoria

Mariel smiled brightly as she picked up one of the mini Welsh burgers from her plate. "Thank you.." Her hand went absentmindedly to her belly at the mention. "I was lucky to find a really cute maternity boutique not far from my house." And she was finally in the stage where maternity clothes actually fit and she was obviously pregnant, not just in looser clothes. She was rather fond of the clothes she had bought and it was nice to fill them out a little with her cute belly. Not that she wanted to get all that much bigger.

She couldn't help but to laugh as Victoria acknowledged having trouble with her name. She could completely relate. "It does take some getting used to, doesn't it?" Of course, Vic would know that being married once before, but it had taken her a bit of time with her own name change as well. "It took me a good while too before it really became second nature to say De La Garza instead of Morgan," she admitted with a chuckle. "Even every once in a while, I'll still have to stop myself but it's becoming more natural now. And I love my new name."

She was glad Victoria was enjoying being a Mrs. again though, but she did frown a bit as she mentioned him going back to work. Of course, she did know that was his job, but she couldn't imagine only seeing Jorge a weekend or two here and there. "That has to be difficult. Hopefully he comes home as often as he can.." And that reminded her of something she had been meaning to ask but just didn't find the time in the busyness of the wedding planning. "So are you going to be staying at your house.. or will you be moving to Scotland?" She supposed she could get to work from there, but she figured since she didn't go back with him that he'd be moving in with her instead of the other way around.

Mariel raised a quizzical eyebrow as her friend continued and she ate her mini burger as she thought over the woman's words. "What's going on with Bart?" She knew teenagers could be a handful and Bart often was, but she wondered what was going on now. Washing down her food with a drink of strawberry lemonade, she smiled softly. "His sister and her family are visiting so we thought it best that he stay home. I probably won't stay long myself, but I thought I should at least make an appearance." So far it wasn't anything she thought Jorge would miss anyway.

“Well you look absolutely stunning in it. Pregnancy suits you Mariel.” She grinned at her best friend and her belly. Just so cute, she felt her own maternal feelings pull, but no none of that. She wasn’t having anymore children. Three was plenty and she had that taken care of anyway after the twins.

She chuckled, “It really does, do you know even after having Maroon for the past sixteen years I would use my maiden name every so often and really confuse myself. I don’t even know where it came from. I’d just be writing and stop and laugh at myself. So this is just going to be entertaining having to previous last names.” Which would she accidently right, it was just a matter of time to figure it out. “De La Garza just sounds fitting for you though.” joking with her friend was second nature and fun, plus having the last name of a reporter wasn’t too bad really. “I think you’ve helped the reputation of that last name actually.” all joking aside, the ministry seemed to have soften to him, so maybe she had.

A frown moved onto the happy newlyweds face. “It is, the girls got very use to him being there too. Alana is always looking for him, but he does come home on the weekends and a few times through the week when he doesn’t have any duties to fulfill. So I’m grateful for that. Plus I’ve been having some major trouble with Bart lately, so it’s nice to know he’s there to watch over him.” The boy was out of control and she really didn’t know what to do with him anymore. Listening to the next thing Mariel ask, she had fully forgotten about that. “Oh we are staying in my house. I just don’t want to move Bart again and Cossy didn’t actually have a house, he was in an apartment, well his stuff was. He traveled a lot, so it was an easy move. His family is in Scotland, so we’ll be there visiting some I would think.” Though it didn’t seem like they were all that close at times.

Yes the Bart stuff, probably not the place to discuss, but she leaned in to explain to Mariel what was going on. “I know he’s of that teenage age, but it just seems too young. I don’t know what to do with him anymore or how to get him to calm down. Of course his father is nowhere to be found when needed. Off in the Bahamas with Rebecca. I know she did that on purpose just so they couldn’t see Bart while he was home, but Jon should know better and stand up to her.” She was bitter about that, she was tired of him being a pathetic father to her son. She sighed and turned her focus on something more positive. “Well that’s nice. Is this the sister with the little girl that came to the meet and greet?” Victoria remembered the child just a little. “Well I’m glad you did, I wouldn’t have had anyone to sit with if you didn’t.” She grinned towards her best friend before taking a bite of her food.

Her eyes shifted as she heard someone say ladies, "Hello Gavin, wonderful to see you." She smiled at her male friend. "Did you have a nice holiday?" She had seen him for a moment at the wedding, but she hadn't got to speak to him all that much.

Last edited by Bazinga; 10-14-2014 at 03:09 AM.