Thread: Boating Lake
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 02:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
MuggleDinosaur
Dark Force Defense League

DIMC
Erkling

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Montgomery S. Wilder
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Odette Boone-Wilder
Bre Bear | Asherine | Whisper | Kemmy | Raeney | Madyra | Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Mariel hadn't run into either of her new employees yet so she decided to take a walk through the large garden party, just to see if any of the new faces jumped out at her. She really wasn't intending in staying much longer, but she did feel it her duty to welcome her new team, hopefully before they started for their first day. But if she didn't, it wasn't the end of the world. She was going to be going soon.

The brunette wandered out towards the lake, her hand moving subconsciously to her protruding abdomen as she felt a few little kicks. Smiling softly to herself, she stood at the edge of the water looking out at the swans swimming nearby. It was really peaceful and beautiful out here. Quiet too as not many had ventured out this way.. though she did notice someone not far from her.

Green eyes glanced in the direction of the man as she wondered for a moment if he could possibly be the man she placed into Patents, before realizing he appeared very familiar. It took her a moment as she tilted her head to look at him before she realized who he was. She had spent a lot of time with the Quidditch teams in the British and Irish league when she worked in regulations, so she was acquainted with quite a few of the players, having to visit their games and practices for work-related reasons, and she was sure he had played with one of the teams. "Enzo, isn't it?" she began, looking at him quizzically. Perhaps he'd remember her from her former job, at least by sight if not by name. "You played for.." She searched her mind a moment, "Puddlemere, yes? What are you doing at a Ministry function?" Had he gotten a job with the Ministry? That was news to her that he had retired from professional Quidditch, but that seemed the only logical reason.
Nature was a beautiful thing, it really made Enzo feel calm and happy. Even though he didn't want to be here right now just looking at the water, the boats and trees just made him fell a lot better than he already was feeling. Enzo thought about his childhood home in America when his mother father had first split up, he was only five years old at the time and his sister was two years old. He didn't know what was going on with his family only that his mother had stayed at their townhouse in London. That was the first time he had ever been to America. There was this lovely lake house that his father had bought, he loved that place. With everything that was happening at the time he could just go and sit by the lake and read a book and escape into a different world.

Enzo took his gaze and looked up at the woman that had arrived next to him. She looked familiar to him but he couldn't figure out what her name was. The twenty-nine year old chuckled softly. "That's me. I got my professional start on the American team the Fitchburg Finches." That was almost twelve years ago back when he was eighteen. He would give anything to be back there again. He had learned a lot about Quidditch while he was at Hogwarts and playing but playing on a professional team was far different and the greatest part of his life. He had learned so much from being there. "Well I retired a little over a year ago and traveled the world. Now I'm hear for a job. I tried to get into the Games and Sports department but there were no openings for me so now I'm here about to work for Magical Transportation." Lets see how the first month goes in that department.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppySara View Post
Vincent was wandering around with a slight sigh. He checked his clock, yeah he was late and he'd have to hear Robbie gripe about it during their next practice but he might as well just miss the entire practice if he was going to be late. He glanced over and saw another man who didn't look too far off from his own age. The 23 year old sighed slightly, not sure if making friends was a good idea at the moment. Yeah he wanted to be here and make friends, but at any moment he would have to quit and people would have to be heartbroken because they'd never see him again. So the debate here was either let people know how amazing he was and have them all miss him when he was gone, or... Well, just have no one know him. He sighed and decided he might as well talk, not like he had anything better to do.

"Hey, there." He went up to the new guy and nodded, "You new around or something?" This seemed to be the year of people his age actually started working that the Ministry, "I'm Vincent." And don't try to shorten it dud... Vince was only for his bandmates or for their groupies.
Enzo looked back out at the lake and every so often the swan boats. Not that long after the woman had shown up there was another guy. Enzo bet he was new guy too because he was asking so why not? Enzo nodded and looked at the man. "Hello." Nature was a healing power, really. He should have gone here before. The grumpiness had seemed to somewhat pass. "Is it that obvious that I'm new here?" Enzo let out a chuckle. "I'm Enzo. Nice to meet you Vincent." Try to make friends. Try to make friends. So far so good. The thing about Enzo was he never was good at making friends but when he did they would last a lifetime.

i got a heart like a truck, it's been drug through the mud, runs on dreams
& gasoline & that ole highway holds the key, it's got a lead foot down when it's leaving

lord knows it's taken a hell of a beating, a little bit of love is all that it's needing