Thread: Food Marquee
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 02:19 AM   #51 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default I love how Ember happened hahaaaaaaahahaha + mention of Gavin
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

SPOILER!!: Creature Ladies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post

FOOOOOD GLORIOOUSS FOOOOOOD.

Ember danced her way towards the food area. Literally....danced. Because dancing was fun and there wasn't enough of it going on at this PARTAY. Weren't parties about DANCING? RIIIGHT? Ember smirked as she booty-bumped some random employees--HEY? She thought it might liven it up a little, RIIIGHT?

Speaking of random employeeeees--she saw one woman gathering alllll sorts of goodies, and she raised an eyebrow. "Hi, there!" she said SUPER cheerfully, bouncing on the balls of her feet a bit. "What exactly is THAT?" she pointed at a weird food thing(bacon canapé). "And...is it GOOD? I'm Ember, by the way--" she held out her hand and BEAMED. "Always nice to meet people--and I just--UGH--"

So maybe she wanted to break out in song---THE HIIIIIIILLS ARE ALIVE, WITH THE SOUND OF MUUUUUUSIC!--but no. That was a bit much, Ember. Dancing was one thing. SINGING was another. She whistled a bit as she grabbed a plate...now WHAT to even GET? she wanted to know if that thingy that woman had was any goooood?

OH DEAR OH MY.

Ember spotted William. WILLIAM. She VERY eagerly flailed her arms at him. "WILLIAM! HI WILLIAM!" she cried out, definitely loud enough for him to hear. HEHEHEHE. And he had a NEWB with him! Ember. Was. DYING. WAS SHE COOL, WILLIAM?! "Are you continuing your meditations, WILLIAM?" she asked him...you know, still from across the way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
There was no food was thrown at her comment, which at least meant her new co-worker could take a joke. Good. Good. Very good. "A plan, hmm?" she asked. "And what plan was that? And why?" She wondered if somebody had made him mad, and as part of his revenge, he'd taken all the dessert before that other person could get there. If that was the case..."Either way, thanks for saving me some." She gestured toward the single piece of pie she'd put on her plate.

Daphne nodded, because sitting and talking sounded just fine to her. "You know what? Yeah, let's sit and talk, because otherwise I'll just look lame being the new girl walking around with no friends and nobody to talk to," she said with a laugh. Now she had a co-worker...and a plate full of desserts. All was good. "William Williamson," she repeated. "Now that is a really unique name." Because of the way it used the same letters, that is. She wondered if his middle name was Will or something. "I like it," she added.

She'd given her name to the second man she'd seen in the buffet line, but just in case William hadn't caught it--"Daphne Addison...if you missed it earlier," she said. She situated her plate at the table he'd selected then extended her own hand to complete the shake. "I worked at the Norwegian Ministry of Magic in their Creatures department. This position started as a move back home for me, but I'm really excited about the change of scenery and the new opportunities." January and Harmony. She'd try to remember those names for if and when they showed up sometime later. Wasn't Harmony the name of her new boss?

Merlin, the newbie was a talkie, wasn't she? Still, she was down to deal with dragons, so she was cool. HAD to be cool. Willy had always liked all of his dragon peeps, 'cept for Jerry, that jerk. Always wanting to take bets on something but never pay up.

William had to swallow whatever he was eating by now in order to give the newbie--- Daphne ----a real answer. "Uh, well, my plan was to surround myself with food and not people, so I wouldn't have to talk to anyone, but it looks like it only half-worked." He sort of attempted a playful wink at her, but he didn't know her that well yet. So maybe it worked, maybe it didn't.

Haha, seemed she could joke though. Willy tipped an invisible hat at her. "You're welcome. If you need seconds, here, help yourself." He pointed to his volcano of food. "And... thanks?" She liked his name? He was probably blushing by now. "My initials are WWW, would you believe it."

N'aww but she was not lame, not with a pretty face personality like that. William's ears turned red just at his own thoughts. "You'll get to know these people soon enough..." he started to say, just as his lovely coworker Ember spotted him. Oh great. Not wanting to be rude, he waved, just waved, back, since OBVIOUSLY he was NOT meditating. At all. Ever! No!

"So, Daphne," he tucked into something else gardeny themed and resumed their conversation. "That one over there asking me about meditating is Ember. She's in pest control, ironically enough." Oops, had he said that aloud? "Very friendly as you'll come to find, I'm sure." Who else could he point out... oh, hey Gavin. William saw his nod and returned it with a small, two-fingered salute. "That's the Senior Undersecretary. Don't get in his personal space and you'll get along with him fine. He does a good job."

Who else... oh, she had worked in Norway? "Awesome! I love the Ridgebacks! Not as cool as the Longhorns," he chuckled, "but what a great breed. Did you love it?"

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind