Thread: Food Marquee
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 12:16 AM   #46 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Text Cut: BanaBatGirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Judgy people be judg--- oh, she was smiling. Willy glanced at his plate and offered her a half-shrug-smile-ish too. "I went up to that food table with a plan... and I think I succeeded." Only now he had someone to talk to, so he probably wouldn't even be able to finish all this.

Ah well.

"Wanna sit and talk?" William led the way over to a round table. "I'm William Williamson, by the way," he set his plate down and waited for her to do the same before offering her a handshake. She definitely seemed eager to get started, so that was a plus. AND she had experience. Awesome. "Where did you work before here?" he asked curiously, already starting on one of the mini sandwiches or two. She couldn't have been in Romania, he'd known everyone there.

Speaking of others though made Willy glance around the food area just like this gal. He'd already forgotten her name. "Uhhh I'm not seeing anyone from our department... I'm sure January and Harmony will show up though. Harmony's probably already here." Probably playing with flowers or making garlands for people or dipping her own candles... something like that.

There was no food was thrown at her comment, which at least meant her new co-worker could take a joke. Good. Good. Very good. "A plan, hmm?" she asked. "And what plan was that? And why?" She wondered if somebody had made him mad, and as part of his revenge, he'd taken all the dessert before that other person could get there. If that was the case..."Either way, thanks for saving me some." She gestured toward the single piece of pie she'd put on her plate.

Daphne nodded, because sitting and talking sounded just fine to her. "You know what? Yeah, let's sit and talk, because otherwise I'll just look lame being the new girl walking around with no friends and nobody to talk to," she said with a laugh. Now she had a co-worker...and a plate full of desserts. All was good. "William Williamson," she repeated. "Now that is a really unique name." Because of the way it used the same letters, that is. She wondered if his middle name was Will or something. "I like it," she added.

She'd given her name to the second man she'd seen in the buffet line, but just in case William hadn't caught it--"Daphne Addison...if you missed it earlier," she said. She situated her plate at the table he'd selected then extended her own hand to complete the shake. "I worked at the Norwegian Ministry of Magic in their Creatures department. This position started as a move back home for me, but I'm really excited about the change of scenery and the new opportunities." January and Harmony. She'd try to remember those names for if and when they showed up sometime later. Wasn't Harmony the name of her new boss?