Thread: Food Marquee
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 11:55 PM   #43 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

SPOILER!!: Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Her mind was soon gone back at home with her girls, her husband, things that had happened with Bart and Cinna when someone speaking brought her out of it. Her brown eyes looked up and she grinned to see her best friend standing there. "I was wondering when I'd find you." She was going to make a joke about the food, but figured it probably wasn't the right time. "You look stunning, that dress is just adorable on you and your belly." That little girl was just getting bigger it seemed.

"I'll tell you what, I'm struggling to remember my own name." She chuckled, "Introduced myself as Maroon and then quickly changed it. I had to look like an idiot, but I do love hearing Mrs. Culloden." It had a nice ring to it. "Married life is treating me wonderful, though he's back to Hogwarts, so it's back to weekend and maybe once or twice a week visits. " She wasn't sure if she'd ever get use to that part. "Mother hood on the other hand has been giving my a run for my money, or should I say at least Bart has." Teeenagers! "But enough about me, how are you feeling? Where is Jorge tonight, I thought maybe with him being the new Ministry reporter he'd be here." Though he probably didn't have to be since Mariel could just tell him what he needed to know.
Mariel smiled brightly as she picked up one of the mini Welsh burgers from her plate. "Thank you.." Her hand went absentmindedly to her belly at the mention. "I was lucky to find a really cute maternity boutique not far from my house." And she was finally in the stage where maternity clothes actually fit and she was obviously pregnant, not just in looser clothes. She was rather fond of the clothes she had bought and it was nice to fill them out a little with her cute belly. Not that she wanted to get all that much bigger.

She couldn't help but to laugh as Victoria acknowledged having trouble with her name. She could completely relate. "It does take some getting used to, doesn't it?" Of course, Vic would know that being married once before, but it had taken her a bit of time with her own name change as well. "It took me a good while too before it really became second nature to say De La Garza instead of Morgan," she admitted with a chuckle. "Even every once in a while, I'll still have to stop myself but it's becoming more natural now. And I love my new name."

She was glad Victoria was enjoying being a Mrs. again though, but she did frown a bit as she mentioned him going back to work. Of course, she did know that was his job, but she couldn't imagine only seeing Jorge a weekend or two here and there. "That has to be difficult. Hopefully he comes home as often as he can.." And that reminded her of something she had been meaning to ask but just didn't find the time in the busyness of the wedding planning. "So are you going to be staying at your house.. or will you be moving to Scotland?" She supposed she could get to work from there, but she figured since she didn't go back with him that he'd be moving in with her instead of the other way around.

Mariel raised a quizzical eyebrow as her friend continued and she ate her mini burger as she thought over the woman's words. "What's going on with Bart?" She knew teenagers could be a handful and Bart often was, but she wondered what was going on now. Washing down her food with a drink of strawberry lemonade, she smiled softly. "His sister and her family are visiting so we thought it best that he stay home. I probably won't stay long myself, but I thought I should at least make an appearance." So far it wasn't anything she thought Jorge would miss anyway.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line