Thread: Food Marquee
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #32 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default mention of Ember too *le shifty*
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: JASMINE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expecto-Penguin View Post
Jasmine was quite nervous coming here. She didn't really know anyone in her field and she only knew Alex would be here too. But as she made her way into the party she found the food and drink tent. She smiled and thought why not and check out what they have. She looked at the menu and thought they had great choices. But she wasn't hungry just yet. She wanted to look around more. As she was looking around, she noticed someone familiar.....

OH! It was her department head! What was his name again...? Aron was it? She thought she might as well introduce herself and then not bother him and be on her way. She took timid steps to him. She always thought bosses were intimidating. She cleared her throat and looked at her dress to make sure it look presentable. Yup it did. She smiled and said, "Hello Mr. Hawthorne, I am Jasmine, Jasmine Lenkim.." she held out her hand for him to shake. Her shawl drooped off her shoulder and fixed it instantly. She wanted to make a first good impression and all. She said her last name in case he forgot. "I would like to introduce myself to you in person since we have only talking via Owls..." she grinned. She tried to make her tone light but she was totally nervous.

One thing that was an unfortunate side effect of the choice to have the event outside was that he had a hard time identifying footsteps as they approached. The grass was hardly crunchy here for him to be able to compensate that way and he certainly did not have superhuman hearing, so he was a bit taken off guard when someone else had come over to say hello.

"Ashburry-Hawthorne, actually," he corrected as he raised his, oh, empty hand. He should fix that now with a different beverage. "Welcome aboard Accidents and Catastrophes, Jasmine. Please, just call me Aron." His last name was terribly long, which was why Seren hadn't taken it once they were wed. Maybe he could convince her otherwise now though...considering she was not instructing at Hogwarts now, so there was no chance for confusion. "I am certainly looking forward to seeing how your skill set adds to the department."
SPOILER!!: Cassie
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Cassie watched in amusement as the man tried out his drink. He didn't seem to enjoy it much, but she was impressed that he managed to down the entire thing in one swallow. She didn't comment, instead she took a small sip of her own. Mint lemonade. Who would think up such a thing?

"It's quite alright," she said about the mistake. "I can see how the camera may be misleading. I've been working as a journalist and photographer for a while now, for a few American papers. I suppose I'll have to stop now that I have a job here." She supposed the two would be quite different. That didn't mean one would necessarily be better than the other. Just different. She nodded at his mention of the flowers. "They are beautiful. I may end up just wandering around and taking pictures of the flowers." And the people too. She did like taking pictures of people, but she liked talking to them as well. At an event like this one, she would have to balance both.

"Pleasure to meet you Aron. I'm Cassandra White, but you can call me Cassie." She did love the name Cassandra: it sounded so regal. But it was too formal for her taste most of the time. She'd taken to being called Cassie in school and it stuck. Oh, he was a Department Head? He must really know the ins and outs of his department. Accidents and Catastrophes sounded interesting, but Cassie liked where she'd been placed. "International Magical Cooperation." Had he noticed her Department Head wandering around?

"I am sure the papers over there accept freelance submissions, should something become applicable that is," he shrugged with a small grin. He wasn't quite sure how all that worked out, having never really taken any sort of vested interest in the presses. He had published his own photography book featuring magical aquatic plants about a decade ago, however. "Or perhaps some photographs to spruce up the Ministry? Merlin knows that some of the offices around the place are a bit stiff." Like Emily's. Although she was loosening up a little bit thanks to her relationship with Gavin. Just a little though.

He was just about to open his mouth when that honking daffodil from the entrance archway happened. Creatures people..whole bunch of whack jobs over there. He threw an unamused eyebrow raise in her direction before his attention returned to Cassie.

"Cassie it is then," he replied with a nod. Ah, yes, his suspicions had been confirmed. "Ambassador or Immigration Officer?"

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes