Thread: Main Stage
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Milton Janssen
Delegate
Dugbog

While Milton was excited to see his colleague Achilles there, he was a bit...well, miffed at the same time because it was going to be awkward. They had completely polar ideas on what flying carpet laws should be like...and while Milton hadn't been quiet about it in the past, he knew that he was going to be actively campaigning for it now against him. Whoops. No hard feelings Storm, yeah?

It got to his turn, and Milton cleared his throat and charmed his voice so it was louder and able to be heard across the room, as Miss Schultz had done. "Hello, my name is Milton Janssen. I'm the head of the Transportation department in South Africa, so I oversee all divisions including the flying carpet division."

Alright, now onto the REAL reason he was here. "I personally do not feel that flying carpets have a place in our society. They're outdated and not even used by many people in my own country, and throughout my years in the Department, I've seen countless - and senseless - accidents that could have been prevented if the witches and wizards involved had used something safer, such as Floo Powder or brooms. So my stance on the issue is that you do not need to extend the law allowing carpets to your own country, as I personally have seen first hand how many problems they can cause," he said. There, perfectly articulated just as he had planned, despite his accent.