Thread: Main Stage
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 01:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Achilles Storm
Other Characters
Dugbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Janssen View Post
Oh look, there was Achilles! Milton knew the man from back at work...they weren't in the same division, but he had chatted with him a few times around the water cooler. He smiled at the man and gave him a hearty clap on the back as he sat down.

"Good to see you, Storm," he said with a smile, his rough accent coming out as he spoke. English was not his first language, but he knew it fluently, he just could never get that damn accent to go away. "Looks like it might just be you and me, eh?" he added with a chuckle.

He KNEW that Gabriela had invited more people than this...where WERE they?

Achilles hoped that the slap to the back, from Milton, had let all the nerves in him escape and float away to somewhere else. Seriously, they just needed to go somewhere else. The nerves couldn't be hitting him right now.

The man gave his co-worker a nervous smile as a way of saying hello. "You too Milton. I saw quite a few people out there, seems like a good turn out to me." Achilles said. Yes. Good. Just talk. That'd get all of the nerves out of him. He listened to Milton and gave a shaky nod. Maybe he was trying to ease the tension? Surely it couldn't just be them two answering all the questions. Achilles would combust having so many eyes focused only on two people up here at the table. "No, no. There has to be more delegates, yes?" He said, trying to convince himself.

It hadn't been them two at this event, after all. Now, everyone else just needed to be nice and dandy and get themselves up here.