View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #106 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Gavin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

As it turned out, the joke hadn't translated as well as he thought it might have. Story of his life. Gavin had always known that few could tolerate his sense of humour so Vic's glaring didn't bother him. It was the typical response when jokes were given from what he'd deduced...except Emily laughed sometimes...when the jokes weren't aimed at her. Then again she was of a certain questionable character. The point was, the joke wasn't funny and they would have to be moving beyond it, evidently. "I'll agree this place is hazardous for my health." No problems admitting that. Too. Many. People. It was that simple. "But no, as a trained potioneer I don't take potions I had no part in brewing without a thorough detailing of the contents." That was how people outted you and stole your dashing good looks. Everyone knew that.

There was nothing to do but nod along as she explained what their lives had become. It could almost be considered a shame when your life was eaten away by paperwork. "I'll leave you to it then. Don't suppose it matters much where we sit once it's decent." His sister and nieces might have said otherwise, but they weren't here, were they? And ugh wasn't that the truth. Girls were the loudest little things he knew. "You should have heard them at their little sleepover to see Zeke off." Horrible idea he'd never revisit.

While she clued him in, Gavin made a mental note of all the new things. Girls had turned two--ugh, the chatty phase--her son was back at the death trap they called school and something about a Cossy? He brows rose given he was lost on where the conversation had gone until he was caught up with the explanation that followed shortly after. He nodded slowly, unable to shake the thought that his friend went through men quickly enough or perhaps he was slow on all things. Who could really tell? "You've called me sweet more than once. It leaves me questioning your opinion on this Culloden." He might have been teasing but there was some seriousness there too...somewhere. "I can't think of anything too exciting. You forget I'm a dull man that avoids most things in life." And for good reason too.

She knew her reaction had come off too strong, “I’m sorry Gavin, I know I shouldn’t have snapped at you. It wasn’t your fault. That man just irritated the hell out of me. To tell me I have episodes and need to take a potion before even asking me a question. Then sending a letter to Mariel.” She grumbled a bit under her breath. “You would think St. Mungos healers would have sense to look at a person’s medical history. I’ve been to that place plenty of times the last few years.” Especially after the babies to deal with her issues at the time. Giving him a small smile and a little chuckle, “Yes, you never know when someone is going to end up taking a love potion or something.” She knew what she was taking at the moment, but she still found the entire thing comical now.

Nodding she thought she’d send an owl today once she was back at her desk. Off season would be ending soon and maybe she could get them in the locker room or something. The small perks of the job she had ignored most of her career here, but once in a while she didn’t mind using them. Though to think about it, she hadn’t ever used them for herself. Bart not liking these teams it didn’t seem necessary. Plus, his step mother always used her own perks to that advantage with him. “I’ll let you know once I get something.” Awww and Zeke, Victoria enjoyed the young boy. “I bet they had so much fun.”

“Now Gavin you are sweet, like right now you are asking questions as a good friend.” That was sweet and she couldn’t believe he didn’t see it. “Cossy is very sweet. He’s a very busy man though, so I don’t see much of him, but summer was wonderful. He took me to Turkey for a holiday. The girls adore him and well Bart is the reason we ended up meeting actually.” Who would ever believe her fourteen year old was the one that put her on a blind date. “You are not dull, you are dating a very successful, very wonderful department head, you have the cutest nieces, and from what it seems an influence on Zeke’s life as well. That doesn’t sound very dull Gavin Isaacs.” Not to her at least.