View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default Welcome to the Flying Carpet Symposium!
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Welcome!

For decades, flying carpets have been banned in Great Britain. The Misuse of Muggle Artifacts division pushed for a ban on the carpets after classifying flying carpets as muggle objects, arguing that charming carpets to fly was tampering with the historical significance of this items to muggles. The Department of Magical Transportation has invited numerous foreign wizards and witches to a symposium to revisit the issue and debate over the pros and cons to allowing flying carpets to be used in Great Britain. What is YOUR stance on the issue? Mix and mingle with our visitors, submit your questions for the Q&A, and listen to the stories from around the world to make an informed decision - and who knows, maybe someday, you'll be able to have a say in changing the law!

Who can RP in this event? Any members who are sorted in the Ministry can play ONE character at the symposium. It does not HAVE to be your Ministry character if there is someone else you play who would better enjoy the symposium. However, to keep things simple, please only play ONE character per person. Thanks!

Who is participating in the debate? Red accounts have been created to represent both flying carpet vendors and visiting delegates from other countries. Feel free to play with them at any time - they have QUITE the personalities!

How can I participate in the debate? By submitting your question in the Question Submission thread! Questions will randomly be selected for the debate with the hope that we'll get to as many as we possibly can before the event closes!

Will the law actually be changed after this event? Well, that depends! The purpose of this event is for all employees to hear both sides of the issue and develop their own opinion on the matter. Then, sometime in the near future, the matter will be presented for the public to vote on (like a real life referendum!) and YOU will all get a chance to decide if the law is upheld or changed!

If you have any questions at all during the event, please contact Lissy Longbottom, Cassirin or another department head. Thanks and enjoy the event!

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid

Last edited by Lissy Longbottom; 09-11-2014 at 08:14 PM.