View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 02:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
hermionesclone
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
Question
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Bryce Howell, right. Annie would be committing that to memory since 1) he could be the school's saving grace from this winter; and 2) she felt bad for the young man already trapped in a lifetime of what would surely be misery since he worked at the Ministry. Heh.

Plus he had brought a pastry over to the fire. She tried not to look at that and instead focused on his nice face as he talked. Funnily enough, someone was already working on the school's problem?! "Well I'm just glad no one forgot about us," she remarked with juuust a bit of bitterness.

"Great!" He would talk to the other head for her! And gather up teams, which was Ministry talk for doing something about it. Finally. THANK MERLIN. This would be good news to take back to her staff. "We have a few professors with some knowledge of the chorts, and the students did some research on what may be causing this winter... but the sooner you can get here to investigate," for us, because that forest was DANGEROUS, "the better."

Annie shook her head slowly at his last question. "We were hoping some of the owls would come back when the calendar said May on it... but no luck yet. I did see an icicle melt yesterday though!" So that was progress? And plus, her floo was working now. Ish. For a bit. She'd best not tempt her luck with this short message-delivery, though. "Please send your team by June 1. We are going to dig our way ou----"

Wellp, the Floo cut off. At least she had gotten her message through. :/
Bryce raised an eyebrow. To him, that sounded a lot like sarcasm, which wasn't something he expected from the Headmistress of a school. The stern, high-bun type? Sure. This? Not really. "I imagine that'd be quite difficult."

Was he glad that they had a bunch of professors -- and students too, no doubt -- that knew a thing or two about the creatures? Very. Someone would need to fill him in because the man knew squilch about these chorts. "Good. We'd need to know as much as possible, I expect." We being him, of course, but he wasn't about to dumb himself down. Not yet. Not ever, if he could help it. "We'll be there very soon."

Her answer to his question was disappointing. Not even the story about the precious icicle was helping. It was more like a weak ray of sunlight in the midst of snow. It was that small glimmer of hope that wasn't doing anything to help. Funny how that image fitted well with the situation.

What was the most disappointing was that she was gone before she could even finish what she was about to say. And to think he hadn't gotten the chance to give her a pastry. The shame.

Sighing, Bryce grabbed the pastry and napkin, got up from his spot on the floor and headed back to his desk. He picked up his quill and started jotting down as much as he could remember from the conversation. Flop network not working properly, Chorts living in the forest, need to get rid of the weather and the beasts, June 1st, digging. All of that was transcribed in scribbles and messy scrawls onto his parchment.

Done. Now another thing. "Jasmine, I need to take care of some business and see Miss Skylark. You may stay here if you wish. If you leave, close the door behind you."

And he was off with one main thought in his mind: Harmoy Skylark had better be in that office of hers.