Thread: Courtroom Two
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lislchen

DERP & DMAC
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Siobhán O'Shea
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmina Payton
Accidents & Catastrophes
x3 x2
Default He picked up on the DMLE thing. XD Next she'll read him his rights.
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

Who told him? A very reliable source did. Willy felt like he was starting to repeat himself, but then that was how the DMLE worked, wasn't it? Repeating the same question five different ways until you cracked?

"My boss told me. She cited Emily's 'complaint,'" and yes, he did make air quotes, "as one of the reasons I didn't deserve a promotion." He was really trying not to sound whiny or too angry as he admitted to that.

Oh yeah, great, she was glad he had left. Cue a roll of the eyes from him. "I just don't like how she won. She's won against me." Somehow, sneakily, rudely, she had won their little confrontation from the café.
Oh. Okay. So there really WAS a link between his argument with Emily and the fact that he hadn't gotten promoted. Up until now Alysson had sooooort of suspected that that was just something William had made up. Not as a lie but rather as an excuse. To put the blame on someone other than himself.

Alysson nodded, just watching him closely for a moment. "I'm sorry you didn't get promoted." Really, what was she doing? This wasn't any of her business. And, as she'd just stated so convincingly (?), she had nothing to do with that. Even though Emily now knew that her and William were close.

That wouldn't change anything, though. Hopefully.

She leaned back again, crossing her legs. "Don't let her win." If it bothered him. "Talk to her." Just an idea.

________________________________{Drabbles}_{Meet Lissy}_{DERP}