View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #75 (permalink)
carpediem
Ravenclaw
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alessandra (Alli) Whitt
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Newton Clarke
Department of Mysteries
Default A lot of marial and a little bit of robert
Tricksy Hobbitses

SPOILER!!: boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
SPOILER!!: Ariana, Victoria, Langen, Robert

Mariel was slightly distracted now, her focus mainly on making sure this area was going well, though she did try to indulge in some conversation as well. "Hmm?" Green eyes landed back on Minerva's friend again as she spoke. Ah good, was her child settled now? "Yes.. it is Mariel and I am Ethan's aunt," she nodded slightly, giving the young woman a faint smile. She had seen her last when Gunnar was born, but she remembered her all the same, being at her nephew's wedding as well. Ariana.. it took her a minute, but she was fairly certain that that was her name. "Thank you, I do hope you're enjoying yourself.." It was nice to hear that things were going well from the attendees as well.

But really, work was on her mind right at the moment, as there were a couple minor issues that needed worked out at the moment and she turned her eyes back to Victoria again. "Yes, one would think that," she said somewhat pointedly. Langen was meant to be supervising the area, yet she seemed to not understand the job description. Did she not realize that they had paid people to ring things up for them? "There appears to be some sort of misunderstanding," she mentioned flatly to her Quidditch Division Manager. "We have enough salesgirls here." And not only was the girl was coming on far too strong for her liking in a couple different ways but she did not at all acknowledge what she had said to her. A big mistake in Mariel's eyes, perhaps she would have been better suited elsewhere.

What was she doing? Mariel watched Langen a moment longer, eyebrow raised and clearly unimpressed as she began even more aggressively making her sales pitch. She took a very deep breath, inhaling then exhaling through her nose before stepping closer to her so as to speak to her privately. She was not a fan of public reprimanding and spoke lowly so that she was heard, but only by Langen. "Miss Rathers," she began calmly, trying to remain professional and keep the sharpness out of her voice. "I require you to supervise this area, making sure things are running smoothly and assisting where necessary, such as answering questions, pointing people in the right direction, making suggestions as needed. I do not need you to pressure anyone into making purchases, least of all the players." They were their guests and did not need anyone cramming merchandise down their throats that they likely already owned. Nor did she care to have any of her employees looking for a date with one of the players when they were to remain professional while working. "You are not being employed as a salesgirl here, we have clerks to ring up sales." She gestured to the people contracted through the stadium. "I ask that you oversee this area. If that is too much responsibility, tell me now and I will place you elsewhere." Hopefully she was clear about her duties now because it was essential that everything run smoothly today.

That being taken care of, Mariel walked back over to Robert and offered him a small smile. "My apologies," she mentioned rather distractedly, for a few reasons, none that needed mentioning now as it was over and done with in the 29 year old's mind. But at least the man seemed pretty good-natured about everything and had taken it all in stride. Two of everything? "Oh, only if you really want all of that.." she began, looking a bit dubiously. "I certainly don't want you to feel pressured into buying so much. Certainly you probably own much of the Puddlemere United merchandise?" She had to chuckle at the last bit but.. was it because of the aggressive sales pitch? She certainly didn't want the players to feel uncomfortable. But she supposed that was left to him now. She had reminded Langen of her duties here today and not much could be done about what had already transpired.

She smiled a bit wider as she heard his question. "Well.. once this event is over, the next thing I have to plan is a wedding." She wiggled the fingers of her left hand a bit. The brunette knew that men likely did not gush over rings the way her girlfriends did, but she did not care. It was far too exciting for her to not show it off. "And though I thoroughly enjoy overseeing the department, I do at times miss my days playing pro." It had been more than a few years now and though she thought she still looked fantastic, she knew she wasn't in quite the exquisite athletic shape she had once been in. It was telling when she went back to New Zealand for a few days last year to train with her old team and ended up injured. "And you.. things are going well?" She did try to keep up with some of the pros who she remembered from school or elsewhere. "How's Elizabeth? Did she come with you today?" It would be nice to say hello to her as well.

Well, she had messed that one up again. Running her hand through her chestnut colored hair and crossing her one leg behind the other, she tried to stop herself (rather sucessfully) from becoming tomato red, feeling rather awkward. Sometimes she felt too young an inexperienced for her job. Maybe she should've waited a few years to apply. Too ambitious, she was. And she needed to tink things through. But one mistake did not equal the end of evergthing. That was her mothers rule. The twenty year old still had the rest of the day to do her job well and make up for the mistake earlier. Hopefully. Marial seemed really unhappy about her selling. A fear tingle went through her, though she smiled it off and went about her buisness. The ministry was not a place for fear, it was a place for thinkers and a place for people who knew what to do and when to do it. And that was what Langen would do.

"Sorry about the sales pressure. My aunt always said I'd make a better sales clerk than an official." Little white lie, but it sounded good. Well that was strange. Langen never lied before in her life. The tan girl walked over to another part of the stand, refolding something. Anything, really. Overlooking was easy. Way easier than selling. You had to look... over. The job literally named what it did. Bam. Did not take a buisness major or a Ravenclaw.

And so began the overseeing, which kept her busy at least. Her caramel colored eyes (the light was hitting them at an angle) looked around at everything and everyone, watching the mascots for a minute before looking at anyone who walked past and then watching the clerks, making sure that everyone was doing things correctly. And not her way of correctly, Marial and the ministries vesion of correct. If anything wasnt, they would tell her, right? Or if the tall girl saw anything, she would help. Because ~that~ was Langen's job.

However, being an overseer left a lot of time for minor thoughts that snuck into her head, and one that kept rearing its head was her sister. How dare that woman get a tattoo without her permission? Langen was Cersie's guardian and she was a teenager. And that was apparently the extent of her ambitions. The blonde could do so much more than she let on and ot hurt the oldest Rather's girl to see her sister not living up to them. Not that all tattoo people were inherently bad, but that girl could be part of the ministry or something! It was frustrating to say the least.

People are drawn to you because of your peaceful and nurturing persona. While
quite softspoken, you put the needs of others above your own needs and show
a real empathy for all living things. Your warm heart could keep a blizzard away.