View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 12:19 AM   #67 (permalink)
hermionesclone
Gladrags Mod

DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Text Cut: Ohmygosh XD Ember + hugging!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
OOooh a hand! She beamed and shook his hand back--wow-handshakes! She hardly gave them but--so friendly! Such warm fuzzies! Ah! She could tell he was eyeing her hair, and she didn't know whether he liked it or not--and she sort of played with it for a minute because most people so far at the ministry didn't like it, and she wished people would be more open-minded to COLOR, yo! "I'm Ember--nice to meet you! " she said, with a crooked grin.

Oh! He had a little girlfriend! Awww! SO CUTE EMBER COULD DIE. Love was amazing! It really was! She couldn't help it--SHE HUGGED THEM BOTH AND SQUEE-ED. "Aw! I don't know you two but you're SO cute! Stay together forever and make the world happy!" she cried.

O___o

What had gotten into her?!

Ember. "It's great to meet you too, Ember!" he said, matching her beam with a grin of his own as he shook her hand. Maybe it was just the excitement in the atmosphere that was making him grin so much. That, or the good company. "You a big fan of Quidditch?" That was why she was here, right?

... ... Erm...? What even...?

There was squealing and hugging and Alec... didn't know what to do. Yet again. He didn't mind the hug, but the woman's words made the nineteen year old turn a little red in the face. Was she implying what he thought she was implying? Because if so, this was officially awkward. "I... thanks! It's nice to know that something like that would make the world happy." The whole world? That was... yeah, that was a lot.

Yep. Awkward. It was just a good thing that she hadn't mentioned babies.

Text Cut: Beck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaursOnASpaceship View Post
The twenty-eight year had come prepared, well with water bottles that he got front he muggle store. She had about three or so. Beck took the other two water bottles out of his back pockets. "I actually went to the wrong tent because there were so many people that I never saw the sign." Beck chuckled. That really embarrassed him to even talk about it. This was a great time when wearing jeans really came in handy. He hoped that he had dressed alright because he had no idea what to wear.

"I went to some muggle store before I got here. Want one?"

Beck went to the wrong tent? Alec wasn't surprised. Not that he thought Beck was the type of person; it was more... anyone would get lost, thanks to the crowd. "There are a lot of people here, aren't there?" Good on the people who had organised all of this. Really. "I didn't know it would be such a popular event." Was that naive of him? Probably. "It's a good thing you managed to find the place."

Was he... was he offering him a water bottle? "I... really? Yeah! If you have any spare?"

Text Cut: Gunnar, Ethan, Minnie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Gunnar finished up the last of his cookie as he was being pushed into a place with lots of people, blue eyes taking them all in. Mommy had already taken Chloe out of the stroller, he wanted out too. And as soon as the stroller came to a stop, the 16 month old reached his body forward, trying to climb out. It did not make him very happy that he was strapped in and his efforts were rather futile. "Ahh.. AHHH!" he whined in protest until Mommy bent down and was talking. His eyes locked on to hers for a moment, then he craned his neck to try to see who she was talking to next.

First there was a lady (Ella) waving at him and he gave her a little up and down wave in return, like Mommy taught him how to wave back when people did that. And then.. Uncle Alec? He heard Mommy say that name before and this man looked a little bit familiar. He was smiling big which made Gunnar smile a big toothy grin back at him too. But he still wanted out of this stroller.

There were a couple people Ethan had wanted to say hello to that he thought might be in the Autograph Tent and this table in particular was the obvious first stop, he figured. A couple of their friends who had recently graduated had gotten signed to the Tornados and so they'd go see Alec and Wade first. It did seem that the further they walked, however, the more restless Gunnar became. Tired of being confined in the stroller maybe, but there really were too many people out for him to just be running around. The stroller was the easiest though maybe he'd carry him for a little bit to see if that change might appease him.

"You just want out of there, don't you buddy?" he chuckled as he heard him whining then spotted Gunnar reaching his body over the front of the stroller. Ethan returned Minerva's grin, chuckling a bit as she pretended to be a random avid fan, then he reached down to pull their son out of the stroller, doing his best to balance him on his hip. "Hi Ella," he nodded to her as she greeted them all. "Should have figured we'd see you here," he added with a grin. She and Alec had been pretty inseparable back in school, he wondered if that was still true.

He grinned back at Alec who seemed pretty excited to see them there and he readjusted Gunnar in his arms as the boy reached for the ground. "Hey Alec.. we're doing well.. and yourself?" Of course he'd let Min speak on how she herself was doing after the accident though he knew she had been recovering fine, and it was really nice to ask. Did they have something for them to sign? He kind of glanced at Min wondering if she had thought of that, then looked to the diaper bag at the back of the stroller thinking they had put their camera in there. "You wanted a picture?" He could probably juggle Gunnar a bit to reach it. And Wade in it of course too..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Minerva couldn’t help the smile as she saw Alec look up and say their names. “Hi Alec” She wanted to hug him, but was that allowed? Plus she had her hands full with Chloe all snuggled against her. “Oh stop, you’ve been an amazing player from the start and what type of sister would I be if I didn’t support you, but I always knew you’d be a pro one day.” She was proud, could he tell? Looking over to Ethan as he held Gunnar and greeted Alec and then answered she had to agree they were doing well. “Everything is going great. Everyone is adjusting wonderfully and Gunnar is so sweet to his little sister.” He tried to be a bit rough at times, but he was just a baby himself still so no one could blame him.

Seeing and hearing Ella, Min turned towards her a bit more. “Ella, hello. How are you doing? Having fun today?” She hadn’t seen her since Gunnar’s birthday and hoped she was doing well at Uni and things. Not that anyone could really see her, her little world had been keeping her at home and she was easily forgotten in the world of the busy.

Looking back towards Ethan at his words she beamed even more. “Yes actually a few if that’s alright.” She looked at both men, Ethan for taking a few pictures and Alec if he was alright taking a few. “I’d love to get one of him and the kids if we can get Gunnar to stay still long enough, then one of maybe one of all of us.” Was that alright with both of them? She hoped at least. “Want to take your niece for a picture?” If he was busy she knew they could get pictures with him at anytime though.

The pride that Minnie showed? Yeah... Alec liked that. He liked it a lot. It was always something he aimed for, making people proud. He didn't know if many people understood it but he certainly did. "You've been a really great support, you know." Yep. From giving advice to being proud. "So thanks! Really. I appreciate it all." It was nice to know that the McCarthys were doing well. Really. And he approved of Ethan, you know? Dude wasn't scary... no! And seemed to keep Minnie happy. Good. "I'm really glad. You two look like you're adjusting really well to things." Two kids and Minnie was only a year older than him! "I'm great! This whole event is a blast! I... didn't expect there to be so many people." He was going to end up saying that a lot, wasn't he?

That big, toothy grin from Gunnar? That was going to be one of the highlights of today, so far. Why? Because it was a sign that the little boy actually recognised him! HIM! It even made Alec wave enthusiastically at the boy. "Being an awesome big brother already, Gunnar?" He approved. Maybe he could tell the boy about his rules so that Gunnar could say it to Chloe one day.

And then there was talk about pictures! Alec listened out to what the couple had to say, nodding here and there. He liked the idea of pictures -- his hair looked okay, right? -- and a picture with everyone sounded like an even better idea. But not as good as... "Yeah, I can take Chloe!" he said, grinning widely and holding out his arms. He got to hold his niece!

Text Cut: Cameron!
[QUOTE=Saraie;11637782]Cameron just chuckled as a particaly excited fan walked up to the Torandoes table. Apparently a Big fan of Alec's. The chaser turned and looked at Alec. With a chuckle "I see that mate, but it looks like your her favorite." Wink... Just kidding Alec had a girl. Seriously he loved his teammates. He quickly glanced around for Rae was she here yet or not? Or was she even coming?

Ruby... had been loud, hadn't she? Because now the whole team knew the midriff showing girl to call him her favourite fan. Sheepish Summers was sheepish. Regardless of this, he ended up chuckling as well and shaking his head. "Looks like it. You think any more fans will come?" The table was quite crowded already but... you never know, right?

Text Cut: Asher!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraie View Post
The more the day continued the more Asher missed his family at home. But he was having a good time with his teammates and the fans. And they seem to be having a good time too. One was totally fangirling over Alec. He grinned over at Summers. "You a
Have a fan there, bro." He could always picture this day with his bro.

Trust his bro to make him even more sheepish. Maybe this was a Seeker thing. He didn't understand it but for some reason, Seekers got a lot of glory. They were also the ones that were targeted the most during matches so this Seeker was glad that this Beater was a brilliant one. "Seems like it, yeah," he said, grinning at the former Slytherin, "Are Adeline and the kids coming?"

Text Cut: Manolo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awarlesta Black View Post
Manolo grinned at Ember, "Yeah, its nice to have a team to follow. Gives you a sense of pride at games, y'know?" He looked down at his shirt, tugging at the bottom of it. "My team is Puddlemere United," He said, gesturing to the other team with a nod of his head. "But, when the Tornadoes have someone as great as Alec, here, it's hard to have a favorite." The 23 year-old reached over to ruffle the quidditch player's hair with a smile. He can have pride for sister's friends too!! He turned back to Ember, "If you find one, let me know and we can attend a game together!" Merlin knows he needs to get out more.

"Alec," Nolo began, straightening himself out and puffing out his chest. Yes, inspirational words were coming. "You are here for a reason, dude. Don't you ever doubt your talent. Awar and I know you are destined for greatness if you haven't already achieved it, kid, and we expect invitations when you get inducted into the Quidditch Hall of Fame." LOL that last one was obviously him kidding. An invite would be nice, though.

He watched him scribble words down on the poster, "Things at the Ministry are great. We had a little pest problem awhile, but that's all good now. Also met this one," The man patted Ember on the back gently, "She's a new addition to our department."

Talking about Awar made them both sad, he supposed. It was being shown the boy's face. "She doesn't really say, to be honest, but I'm sure she does!" Well, he at least hoped she did. "Saw her a bit around Christmas break, but mainly just communicate through letters." The Black descendant smiled as he ran over the little passage Alec had written on the poster, "Thanks a lot, mate. She'll love it."

People were pushing and shoving now at the Tornadoes tent. At his side, it seemed that Alec's girlfriend was there, now. She was really pretty. The kid had it all, huh? Manolo thought he'd ought to move out of the way, so she can get in and get some time with him before it got too hectic. "Thanks again!" He yelled as he got sucked into the crowd, "GOOD LUCK!!"

There were a lot of compliments being flung his way and Alec didn't know how to take it. He was going to look like he had slept with a coat hanger in his mouth by the end of this. THAT was how much he was grinning. And he grinned even more at the hair ruffle from Manolo. Hair ruffles, you know? They were great!

Before he got too accustomed to it, though, there... was a speech coming? Yeah? Alec could feel it. He didn't know why but he found it a little hard to take the man seriously with the puffed out chest action. It was just... it was funny, yeah? Yeah. His plan on trying hard not to laugh ended up failing when the man mentioned something about the Quidditch Hall of Fame. WAS there such a thing? "You'll get invites as long as you come and have pizza or ice cream once in a while." No pressure. "And thanks for the wise words, Yoda. That means a lot to me." Really. Nodnod.

"Oh... yeah, I heard about the pest problem." Chizpurfles, was it? "It's great that everything's okay now. Must have been a real pain to have those creatures there." Hadn't they been locked out, too? Yeah... pain. But he had made friends, it seemed. "Looks like something good came out of the infestation. You made a new friend!" Bright side? He thought so!

She didn't say. Could this be something he asked her in the next owl he sent to the girl? Yeah. For the time being, the former Hufflepuff nodded at Manolo before saying, "She's really friendly, I'd be surprised if she didn't have any friends." It was true! He remembered how hey had met, too. Back in the Great Hall at the sleepover. "That's nice that you get to see her. She must miss you lots." He didn't... understand their whole situation but... he wasn't going to ask. "Anytime! Tell her I said hey!"

... Wait... was Manolo leaving?! Could he stay? No? "Thanks for coming, Manolo!" he called, waving and smiling at the man, "And thanks!" For the luck. Merlin knows, he'd probably need it.

Text Cut: Ells!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
"I'm always nice." Ask anyone. GRIN! Besides, she wasn't teasing, not really. He was awfully pretty and he was a superstar. Did he see his fans because she did. Hard to miss, actually. Especially the one in particular. Ella's amusement was quickly curbed and she averted her eyes, shifting uncomfortably. She thought it was adorable that Alec got to sign autographs and everything but what ever happened to signing t-shirts and photos, hm? Just...yeah. She'd wait over here until that was over and look for another distraction like--

Asher.

Hi Asher.

She was always nice? That was true. Yeah. It was why everyone had wanted to be friends with her back at Hogwarts. Minus Lottie. "Not when you're teasing me," he said, sticking out his tongue at her because... he was that mature. And she did tease him quite a bit. Or... well... used her charm, as he liked to put it. He did remember their failed attempt at studying for their NEWTs together, you know.

And... he noticed that. The shifting and just... the uncomfortableness. It made him reach out for her hand and kiss the back of it before she could take it away in protest. Cheer up, fun-sized girlfriend.