View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 01:20 AM   #56 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Mariel
Mariel nodded at Victoria's words. "I'm certain we can. Perhaps some product placement and an announcement can make people more aware. If you see Langen, perhaps have her informing our guests about the raffle and that it's free to enter." People liked free, didn't they? And she would suppose the sheer number of things that were actually for sale had the possibility to overwhelm people that they didn't realize there was a giveaway as well.

Good.. Vic seemed to be doing well, it seemed everything else was under control and the blonde was attending to the needs of one of the players. Allowing her to do her job, Mariel turned to Saxon again as she confirmed things were going well, though her words kind of struck her. "The mascots?" Mariel glanced in the direction of the dancing trio again. "They appear to be doing their job and quite well, I might add." Other than dancing too close to the brooms, but they seemed to have cottoned on to the meaning of her look and were interacting with the fans being more careful of the merchandise. Oh and Lucky was promoting their raffle.. perfect. She sent the three mascots an approving smile and waved back at them before turning back to Saxon and glancing in the direction of the screaming baby. "If she is that bothered by a few silly mascots, perhaps she's a bit too young to be around them," the Department Head flatly suggested. Her mother should know what she could or could not handle and perhaps go to another area if she was that upset. They were perfectly harmless and she certainly wasn't going to chastise them because of a crying baby. Babies often cried over things that were of no consequence and the rest of the fans loved them.

Mariel turned to Aron and beamed proudly at his words. "You flatter me. I can't tell you how pleased I would be to have a hand in hosting the World Cup." There had been talks of that a couple years ago, but she had really felt that someone had dropped the ball along the way. She would see to it that that would not happen again. It would be her next goal. "Perfect," she nodded as he informed her that the charms had been completed with no issue. "I will do that, thank you. And I do hope they have an enjoyable time as well." Even if they were technically working at the same time. And while she would never admit it, not being an emotional person, it did mean a great deal to her that another Department Head was there commenting on the event's success. She really appreciated the support of the Ministry.

Alright.. so he wasn't much into Quidditch and didn't seem so sure on what to purchase. But perhaps his wife was a fan.. Mariel affected a mild distasteful look as he mentioned the threat. "Completely dreadful," she said with a subtle shake of her head. "Not only is it terrible for the students, but a headache for our department and no one in the league is very happy about it either." Increased security made few happy, not to mention now that had to find creative ways to recruit new players. Something else her department had to handle now. Still, thankfully nothing seemed to materialize of the threat, though there were no talks of who was behind all this nonsense. Not that that surprised her. But she doubted that Aron was all that interested in an in-depth conversation on the subject.

And perhaps he wasn't completely sure that his wife approved of the catapults as she noticed he set the small shirt back down. Her recommendations? She glanced over the merchandise as she mulled it over. "Well.. if you're not certain what team, perhaps one of these general Quidditch shirts?" She pointed to a few with just the word on it with a cute design, or the 'Can't Catch Me' with a picture of a snitch, or the hoops with 'I'm a Keeper.' Hmm, she had a few little ones in her life that she'd have to remember to pick up a few before she left for the day as well. "A mascot plushie? Or one of the toy balls.." Of course, if he didn't know what team, the mascot might not do well either.. but what 3 year old didn't love a ball?

As she let Aron browse a bit, she turned her eyes to the ever-growing crowd. Ah, there was Langen. Mariel watched for a moment as she chatted up one of the pros, her eyes narrowing a bit as she noticed the blush on the girl's cheeks. She wasn't sure if her employee was flirting with the man or trying to be charming in the attempt of selling a few things. But she had better hope that it was the latter. None of her employees were here to pick up Quidditch players, certainly not married ones ten years their senior, and she expected them all to conduct themselves professionally. Langen would do well to remember that or Mariel would be happy to remind her. And this player she knew.. in fact, she had the privilege of playing Quidditch with him at a point in her own career.

"Robert Chambers." Mariel donned a welcoming smile as she approached them. "How nice of you to come out today. Mariel Morgan, Department Head of Magical Games and Sports. We were both on Ravenclaw's Quidditch team many years ago." In case he didn't recognize her, which Mariel really didn't expect him to. Though she was pretty awesome back in the day. It was over a decade ago and though it was her job to keep up on players, she made it a point to know about those certain names she'd come across. Most specifically those she went to school with. "I hope you're finding everything well.. ?" She turned again to Langen giving her a pointed look. "Once you're finished helping Mr. Chambers, I'd like you to talk up our raffle to those that come by. Not many are signing up for it which tells me not many know about it." Why else wouldn't they sign up for free prizes?
[/QUOTE]

As Mariel said about Langen she noticed the girl finally out of the corner of her eye. “Yes, I think Langen would be perfect since she’s overlooking this area.” She couldn’t help but squint at her. She knew she wasn’t a sales person for the day, right? Their job wasn’t to sell things it was to make sure the entire event ran smoothly. She kept watching her a bit more as she seemed chummy with the player. Maybe she knew him personally? Though he seemed much much older, maybe an uncle or something. Vic didn’t put much thought into it and turned to look at other things. The mascots seemed to be doing better and had the baby stopped crying? That was fantastic it, didn’t need people running off because they were annoyed by a baby.

Overhearing Mariel giving Langen a job that they had just discussed the thirty five year old’s brown eyes snapped as it seemed Langen ignored Mariel fully. She hadn’t even said anything to show she heard the Department Head’s words. No, no this wasn’t going to go over well, but Mariel was the head boss, so she figured she’d let her continue to deal with the issue for now. If Langen kept up the flirty behavior and ignoring her duties she’d be pulled from the area to do something different.

SPOILER!!: Cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraie View Post
SPOILER!!: Victoria

Cam went ahead over toward the counter and sat the things he had in his hands down. He nodded. "Thanks and by the way you and your department did a wonderful job with this event." He gave her an encouraging smile. Before they started talking about the going ons at Hogwarts. It seems both of their happy moods has gone out the door with this topic."Yeah, I know. This is the first time shes gone off to school. I like to make sure she's okay or needs anything. And now she's got this boyfriend, don't know what his name is." Cinna could at least gave him the name,right? Anyway not knowing what was going on was the worse. "We should have been notified about it sooner. and not from the paper." That was just opinion on it.

"I really don't mind. Maybe when you come by I can sign something then." Cam loved doing things for the fans. He could remember being a kid and wanting every players autograph. Heck there were some here he'd like to have. He still had all of them from his childhood. He would have been mad as a hornet if he couldn't come to something like this. "Probably they are pretty close friends." He nodded. He couldn't tell who she hung out with more over the summer Bart or the girls. But it did sound like something they would have talked about.

Oh his thanking did bring a nice smile to Victoria’s face, “Well I’m glad you are enjoying it. My department head will be pleased to know that players are having as much fun as the fans. My team certainly have worked hard.” She was proud of her workers and would have to really show her appreciation soon. “Oh, that’s right. I forgot she didn’t go last term. I had seen her at a match or two last term when Bart played.” She chuckled at the reminder. “The first time I saw her I actually noticed her because of my son’s sweatshirt she was wearing.” It was a shirt that at first she thought could just be the same, but the more she looked at it the more she knew it was his.

She chuckled at the man, not meaning to be mean, but he was clueless and it was kind of sweet in a not so great for a parent way. She summed it up as he was a man and oblivious to the obvious. “I could give you that name, Bart.” There he knew now, how he didn’t know before she wasn’t sure. Vic had known for some time, but it was a bit obvious if he just observed them together. “I’m just grateful we have the paper, at least we do find out.” If they didn’t have the prophet they’d never know what was going on.

“That would be wonderful thank you. I know he would love something with your name on it. He’s very close with Wade Potter since Wade’s father and I were almost married, so I’ll probably be near the Tornado’s soon enough.” She gave another smile, he seemed about done so she didn’t want to keep him if he was ready to leave.