View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default with mentions of mascot mayhem of love
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post

Mariel began to step that way to make the strong suggestion when she stopped as someone approached. "Aron.." she gave her fellow Department Head a grateful smile at his words. "Well, thank you. We've all worked very hard to make this event a success." She really was so proud of her team. "I do hope you're enjoying yourself.. Catapults fan?" She glanced at the very small shirt in his hands. For his child, obviously. She didn't keep up too much with the personal lives of the other DHs at the Ministry, but she was fairly certain he was married to a teacher at Hogwarts. And she wouldn't ask him directly about the charms around the border, confident that he could do his job. If there were any issues, she was sure he'd let her know.
"It certainly shows," he nodded. "With organization like this from your department it is only a question of when Great Britain will host the next World Cup." He had no idea when all that decision making was made though, so really he was just blowing hot air in the form of a sincere compliment. "I am now that my preliminary rounds are done. Everything is in working order, but should you see something don't hesitate to alert myself or one of my employees. They know they are at your disposal for the day."

"Catapults?" he repeated, giving her a puzzled expression before his gaze fell on the shirt in his hand. "Oh, this? Me, not so much. But I think my wife is." Think being the key word in that sentence. Or maybe he should go with something more neutral, like toys. That way he wouldn't feel his status as the 'good husband' going down the drain for spending galleons on the wrong thing. He had an ego to maintain about that sort of thing you know. "She's a huge quidditch fan. Absolutely gutted about what happened with Hogwarts and that threat on the school." Ridiculous as it was.

Refolding the shirt and setting it down, he gave the goods another look over and happened to catch the mascots out of the corner of his eye. Ooooh bad memories from his childhood with giant overly friendly mascots like those. So he was going to avoid eye contact with them for the time being. Let those that enjoy those sorts of hugs get the attention....end enjoy the dance off. Just stay dancing over that way, yeah? "You have any recommendations for something here for an almost 3-year-old?"

Any of those witty 'I'm a Keeper' shirts or a snitch toy?

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes