View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Harron Peasley
Dark Force Defense League

DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Reuben Albert Darcy-Stemp
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Billie Love Stemp
Gryffindor
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Ecological Protection
x3
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Victoria let her eyes move around the room. “Interesting is one way to put it. I’ve come down a few times, but was only here for jury duty once, thank Merlin. It was interesting, but I’d much rather be at work than sitting watching a criminal. Especially a criminal that did something at Hogwarts.” With Bart there all those stories did was scare her, but thankfully she had Cossy looking out for him.

She couldn’t help but smile, that’s what she wanted to hear and she knew Mariel would too. Fantastic! “I’m glad, I really want to see your area shine a bit more. You guys tend to be the hidden gem. People love the inventions, but don’t give enough credit to the people that work hard behind them. This will be a great way to get out in the public eye.” With Mariel’s fiancé being a journalist she’d probably be able to tell him exactly what to put in the paper. Starting to chuckle over the sound of the Gobstones, “Well at least it was someone pulling a nice prank and not trying to ruin a game. That’s all we need is threats using Gobstones. Hogwarts has already lost Quiddtich this term.” She was still a bit annoyed by the entire thing that went around that, it was probably because she had teams still questioning how to find new talent from there.

“Oh Bart would find a way to use them against people, or professors. The boy has always been a handful when it comes to pranks. He’s smart, but I’d just wish he’d use it for other things.” She hadn’t heard anything from the school that he had been getting in trouble, so at least that was a plus. “He’s going to be livid when he finds out he can’t come to the Quidditch event.” She had known this from the get go. “Oh I don’t’ know yet. They are still too young to really know what’s going on, but if Charely or my parents bring them than I guess they could have fun with the mascots. Though Alana would probably be scared of them.”
"I haven't been here for jury duty." Yet. Adam spoke the last word in his head, afraid that aloud would provide a jinx. "What was it like, the trial?" Were you even allowed to talk about that? He didn't know. "I'm... I'm glad the kids aren't there yet. It must have your nerves shot half of the time." Or you know, more than that. Of course, the Professors were more than competent, but there was parental instinct that seemed to ignore that. Hopefully, by the time his eldest were old enough to attend, the mayhem surrounding the school would have died down.

Adam shrugged, as if the compliment was nothing, but he did grin cheekily. It was possibly the one area of his life where he wasn't some form of the centre of attention, and surprisingly he didn't mind that. "Well, it's not just us. The inventors need the credit. At least, the successful ones." The ones who came up with rubbish or dangerous stuff... Adam was just glad that most of the time they couldn't be traced, although it would be nice to know the source wasn't able to try and market more. "I know. I still can't believe it. Quidditch is everything to some of those kids. Hopefully next year'll be different." He inwardly shuddered at the thought of the threat, and was momentarily upset that the students wouldn't be able to come to their event. "I actually need to talk to Gobstones about these prank ones, though. See what they want to do marketing wise."

He doubted that they would be put into permanent play, but it would be amusing to see them sold.

"I'm sure he will, one day," the man chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Maybe he'll end up creating his own joke line, or something - end up successful that way." Or he'd wake up one day and decide to get his head down. Kids usually ended up sorting themselves out, in the end. Right? He hoped so. "I think there are a quite a few students who aren't going to be happy, but... Well, I'm sure they'll be alright." You know, they'd probably get over it and decide it wasn't cool anyway. Or something. "She would? How old are they?" Mascots. He didn't think Lilah would enjoy them too much, but eh, he'd have to wait and see.

⇀ Standing now, calling all the people here to see the show_____________________________
Calling for my demons now to let me go ↽