View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 03:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Emily
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
At first she was under the impression Gavin was being optimistic, but her mildly surprised expression soon subsided. "Those are more likely, though I doubt he could like the language any less than he already does." He could be immature about it too, which annoyed her more than his failures. Fingers in ears, eyes shut and la la la... was not the correct way to problem solve or learn. What he needed to learn, was that problems didn't disappear just like that. They also didn't just disappear if they were set on fire, put in the bin, hid under the bed, or taken away by his owl. "Dismally," she acknowledged. She didn't like his chances of being sorted into Ravenclaw, something they had discussed on more than one occasion. "He's managing to just pass most of his subjects now, but math and French are almost a lost cause." She'd tried her best. Hours of tuition, all her patience, and very little to show for it. This parenting thing was hard work.

She did have her reasons for wanting him to unpack, and for her to quickly disappear until he introduced himself to, and accepted her spoils. Though, she didn't get very far when she heard his question about the water. Water? No. She had enough of that in her office, she didn't need anymore thank you. Not to say she drank much of it, but it was there. "A girl's gotta eat, doesn't she?" she chuckled over her shoulder, brushing it all off and grinning as she turned back to the coffee station. See, good mood already, and all because of the promise of good coffee - and his company, of course. The Senior Undersecretary should be taking notes on this experience.

Two cups of joe, and a hint of cinnamon in hers - something she couldn't get enough of - and she returned to their table, a quick glance trailing over the couple at the table across from them. Familiar faces. One of them, one of her own. Alysson received a nod from her, and a smile too. Good mood, see. "I'll have some water when I get back to the office, how's that?" she negotiated, pushing Gavin his coffee while raising her own to her lips.

Contrary to Emily's belief Gavin could see room for a bit more hatred where the language was concerned. Children had a knack for becoming impassioned about the things they hated, he'd seen it first hand. Zeke could be worse, though he doubted it would be at the hands of his nieces. That would have been a stretch. "You know...that offer of wit-sharpening potion is still on the table. I have a few vials left over, they could come in handy. Who's to say he won't learn more while under one of those?" A potioneer's solution to what might have been a very simple problem but there you had it. Becoming Senior Undersecretary did nothing to curb his dependence on potions. Not even a little. "It's not like it matters anyway. He's got what? 4 months of school left then he's headed to Hogwarts where he won't be needing any of that every again. I can't see any harm in him failing through the muggle system." It's why he and his siblings were never put through such rigors. Their system was inadequate at best.

A girl's gotta eat hardly justified all that she'd bought and if he wasn't mistaken--which he obviously wasn't-- there was something else in the bag. "How have you not been admitted to St. Mungo's yet?" He questioned, leaning forward onto the table and giving her a look as if this were genuine curiosity and not condemnation. Of course they both knew what it really was. No denying it.

His gaze mirrored hers until he spotted the two by the sofa. Wasn't that Williamson? He'd have waved or given some other indication of recognition but the man seemed preoccupied with his company and Gavin was hardly one to intrude so instead he turned his attention back to Emily. "You might drop dead before then and this compromise would have been in vain. You never know when the next pastry will be your last." A perfectly dismal outlook on things yes, he was aware but one of them had to think this way. Couldn't be carried off by the promise of sweet things. They often lied.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.