View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 06:23 PM

Post Evanna Lynch, Matthew Lewis on Harry Potter park additions ideas, on-screen romance

Matthew Lewis and Evanna Lynch revealed what they would like added to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter attractions while attending the media and VIP preview at Universal Orlando Resort last week. The two also commented to Mashable on the love angle between their characters, Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood, respectfully, in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (something even J.K. Rowling could see as feasible, even if they did not get together in the series).

Quote:
What part of the Harry Potter universe do you hope will be added into the theme park in the future?
Lynch:
I would love to see the Triwizard Tournament underwater challenge with the mermaids and the water life. See them brought to life and interact with them ... the Grindylows could grab your feet. Or the Forbidden Forest. It was a place Harry Potter met a lot of cool creatures.

Lewis: I would love to see the Chamber of Secrets. For the film, we only had a few sets built completely, and the Chamber of Secrets was one. We even had all the tunnels leading up the sides. I remember being 12 years old and having read the book and walking onto the set and all you could hear is the water dripping. It just sounded so eerie. It would be a great ride with the Basilisk.
Quote:
In the eighth Harry Potter movie, The Deathly Hallows, Part 2, Neville declares his love for Luna, even though that wasn't in the books. Did you appreciate the change in their story lines — and do you think Neville and Luna would make a good couple? Or do they work better as just friends?
Lynch:
I think it was a war thing. Like, "Oh my god, everyone is dying, we just need to do something crazy." It would have been a bit awkward afterward. The emotions were running high. Luna and Neville are both strong inside, and they aren't extroverts but have an inner confidence. They could bond over that, but eventually Luna would want to see the world and Neville would want to stay put.

Lewis: Luna and Neville should remain best friends. I think it was just a wartime romance [in the film].