View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 02:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
Impressive, was the word that came to mind. The resounding sure thing had him ticking her boxes. He was welcome to sit - even if it was in a yellow chair, yes, and she was welcome to cheesecake... it was a beautiful thing. Best deal she'd brokered that day. "Brilliant," was her reply.

Emily continued to observe the man, between bites of her own sandwich. He was attractive, and probably knew it, but he didn't seem at all narcissistic, which was a bonus... she had enough of that in her life. He just seemed... normal. "Oh I promise I won't hold back," she mused, smirking at the plate being pushed her way. Today was full of win, though she wasn't about to jinx it by saying so out loud. As it was, dessert couldn't be had between mouthfuls of savouries, it would only ruin the aftertaste, so no, she'd bide her time and finish her main meal first.

The introduction was standard practice, one that she would have forgotten had he not initiated it, and it didn't escape her attention that he was one of them dragonologist people. Her favourites. But she refrained from passing comment. "Ahh, pleasure... Emily Browne, Department Head of Magical Law Enforcement," she rattled off, seeing as he started with the fancy titles first. She'd have been perfectly fine with being Emily, just Emily.
Tancred felt the woman's eyes on him as he ate his wrap. Although it was a little uncomfortable, he was not going to blame her. What else was there to look at? One could only look at so many empty coloured chairs in the room before getting bored. So he looked back as he chewed with his mouth closed, giving her a friendly smile. Two could play that game.

Promise to not hold back? Her words made him laugh quietly for a moment. Chloe or one of the twins would have said the same. But he knew that they would have eating the whole piece of cheesecake. "Just don't eat it all when you get to it," Tancred teased. He paused to take a sip of coffee and then added, "My kids would have gobbled the whole thing. They know cheesecake is one of my favourites."

When the woman told him who she was, he nodded his head. He was familiar with that name. "Nice to meet you, Emily," he responded. So this was the department head for Law Enforcement, then? She really was as young as they said. "I've read about you in the papers. It's nice to match finally a name to a face."