View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 02:46 PM

Post Rupert Grint's animated film 'Postman Pat: The Movie' hitting U.S. theaters June 27

Postman Pat: The Movie, costarring Harry Potter alum Rupert Grint, David Tennant and Jim Broadbent, will hit U.S. theaters at the end of the month starting in New York and Los Angeles, on June 27, announced The Wrap on Thursday.

Quote:
“Postman Pat: The Movie,” a 3D computer animated feature based on a beloved U.K. TV character, is heading for theaters in the U.S.

Shout! Factory has acquired domestic distribution rights to “Pat,” and plans a platform release which will begin with openings in New York and Los Angeles on June 27.

“I used to watch ‘Postman Pat’ when I was a small boy,” said Grint, best-known for his stint as Ron Weasley in the “Potter” films. “My brothers and sisters all did at some stage. It's one of those British symbols, I suppose – you are totally familiar with him and his cat Jess, even if you've never watched the series.”

“Postman Pat” will be the first wide theatrical release for Shout! Factory, which was founded by Rhino Records principles Richard Foos, Bob Emmer, and Garson Foos. The company has previously focused on DVDs and Blu-ray releases.