Thread: Dance Floor
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 04:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
He really couldn’t deny they were a stunning couple and he enjoyed this fact. It was a huge reason he was so attracted to her. She was so confident in herself. Yes, Mariel had always been very different than the flings he had before. Which proved why it was her that got to him and made him commit. “Well I had to try at least this once for you.” He stayed close dancing with her. “We might put all these other couples to shame with our looks.” A chuckled followed even if he was only half joking.

Requesting salsa sounded like a good idea, “Maybe we should.” Then seeing her eyes look around a bit he smirked, “I could find the place.” Obviously he was thinking of other things, but the dancing right now seemed nice. “I can give you all the practice you need, but I think you do a great job.” She was fantastic in everything she did.

As they continued dancing his eyes focused back on her when she spoke again, “Where else would I be?” She was a Department Head and expected to be there, plus as good as she looked if he wasn’t she was sure to be hit on. He was enjoying himself for the most part too. So it was a good evening all the way around. “Do you have duties you have to withhold being here or do I get you all to myself all evening?” Not that he couldn’t have her every day to himself after work at home, but he was having fun dancing and wasn’t sure if she had to do other things. “Will Victoria be here?” The only other person he really knew from the ministry.
Enjoying being in his arms for the moment, Mariel continued dancing closely with Jorge, still smiling as he spoke. "I do appreciate the effort." She really did think he looked good in pretty much anything, but dressing nice really added something, especially when they both looked fantastic together. She laughed a little at his words, not bothering to pull her eyes away from him. "I think you might be right about that. It really isn't fair, is it?" she chuckled, joking, though it wasn't something she thought untrue. She was certain they were the best looking pair there and wouldn't be surprised if everyone's eyes were on them in the middle of the dance floor. She pulled her arms tighter around him as she moved in to kiss his lips.

Lost in her thoughts a bit, she nodded vaguely, agreeing that they should request some salsa music if they could. She did enjoy when they went to that little restaurant and maybe they could have some fun here reminiscent of that place too. Then her eyes snapped to his and she gave him a smirky sort of grin at his words. "Oh could you? I may hold you to that.." She was certain he could, though maybe later.. she was enjoying being right where she was for now. She kissed his cheek as she leaned closer to his ear. "Maybe I just like the practice."

She did offer him a sweet smile as he looked back at her while they danced. Of course he would be with her here, but she was still appreciative of how supportive he was of her and her job. She would have had to make at least an appearance even if he didn't want to go, but she would have a much better time with him here. "I suppose I need to make myself somewhat available for new employees," she said with a light shrug. "But I'm yours as long as I can be. My primary focus this evening is having a good time with you." She knew that the gala was much for mingling with Ministry employees and for something of an orientation for new people, but it was her intent to spend her time with him. It wasn't every day that they got to do something like this. "Oh, I think so.. I mean, I hope she is," she said regarding Vic as she glanced out towards the tables of dining people. "She started dating someone recently, I hope he was able to come with her. She could use a nice night out, I'm sure."

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line