View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
MudInMyBlood
formerly: PhoenixStar

Hippogriff

Graduated
<--- Random | Funfetti | Lima Bean | Slytherpuff | PURPLE | Hoarder of pens | ALWAYS Severus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
He was expecting a brief explanation of what she wanted so, naturally, Piers was a little surprised when the girl started rambling her little mouth off about how she couldn't have a house elf, so she was going to get a unicorn instead... He tried to find the logic in that, but when he realized there wasn't any, he gave up. "I see the dilemma," he said thoughtfully, looking back up at the shelves full of books about unicorns. And it was true, unicorns couldn't fix snacks, but they were pretty friggin majestic, you know?

"Well, first things first." Piers wasn't gonna tell this sweet little girl she couldn't have a unicorn. And break her little gryffindor heart? Hell no. If she wanted a unicorn, she could have a dang unicorn. "You'll need to research what they eat so you can feed it right." He grabbed a book about unicorn eating habits and set it down on the table for her. "You'll also need to know about their living conditions so you can make sure they're comfortable." So he grabbed another book and plopped it on the table. "Also, proper grooming techniques." Plop. Another book down. "And you can't forget unicorn first aid, just in case it gets injured." He set THAT book down too. Hmmmm.... Anything else?
Finally there was somebody who was understanding her. She beamed at the nice man. See, the potions professor obviously didn't know anything. Most likely he didn't want her to have one because she would be taking away unicorn parts that he so badly wanted to harvest. She was on to him, she remembered what went into that strengthening potion. Mmmhmmm. "Thank goodness." Now she didn't have to waste time and energy explaining her point to him any further.

The first years eye's widened more and more each time he pulled out another book. Errr... why did she need so many exactly? She didn't even have the blasted unicorn yet, and it was already getting on her nerves. "Errr... I'm pretty much just going to squeeze it, and hold it, and love it forever." She didn't need to read about how to love a unicorn in no stinking book. Food it eats? "You mean I can't just pick up a bag of unicorn food?" It was a shame that she couldn't get an elf. First aid? O.O This unicorn was a needy little thing.

"Ummm... maybe you can just point me in the direction of how to get one." She could figure out the rest surely.