View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinosaursOnASpaceship View Post
Emmylou smiled up as the professor said that she could enter his office. The blonde entered the professors office. The third year looked around at the professors office, it was amazing. Emmylou really had a thing for wood and this was something that she just loved. When she grew up she would have to have an office that looked like this even if she didn't need an office she would still have to keep this in mind. "Hello." Emmylou was starting to feel a bit strange with her southern accent at this school. "I'm Emmylou Duchannes." She smiled at the professor. Introductions last a life time. That's what her Nana Duchannes had told her.
Polite.. good. Javy had first impressions with her,"Hello, Miss Duchannes. I'm Professor Thompson, please have a seat." Gesturing towards one of the chairs in front of his desk. "Would you like some tea?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireboltAvis88 View Post

Cris listened as Professor Thompson explained how important his grades would be for him, if he intended to attend Wizarding University. He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat when he heard that he was expected to work harder if he wanted to achieve the same grades he had acquired for his OWLs. He had worked hard to get those Os and now he was expected to work harder?

But then again, that was to be expected. He may have be born into riches but except for that, nothing else came easy for him and neither for his siblings. His mother had raised them to work hard and not to take things for granted. So yes, if he wanted to attend Wizarding University, he would work his butt off to get those grades.

"Focused on course work but take time to smell the roses? That I can do, Professor, that I can do," he smiled bringing up Jasmine's face in his mind. Hopefully, spending more time with Jasmine would help with the second part.

As for the recommendation to see the Groundskeeper, that unfortunately, confused him. Cris couldn't understand how seeing the Groundskeeper would be able to help him get into University. Fitness and athletics? He already knew how to do that. However, Cris nodded just so the Professor didn't think he was openly rejecting his suggestion.

As for the next recommendation, Cris agreed wholeheartedly with Professor Thompson. Making a mental note to spend more time learning about both muggle, as well as, magical creatures, Cris nodded in understanding before standing up.

"Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, Professor. What you've told me has been very helpful. I will definitely take heed of your recommendations," Cris thanked his Care of Magical Creatures as he stuck out his hand to shake the Professor's.
"Good," Nodding as Cris Strand perfectly understood his point. At least it seemed to be the case and he didn't have anymore questions left at present. "Not a problem Mr. Strand," Accepting his hand to shake it as firmly, "Feel free to stop by anytime if you have any more concerns."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanyjj View Post
Yep, Professor Thompson. Leah knew his name of course, she could remember all professors' names by now, though she struggled (a lot) last term. The Aparecium helped too, as the CoMC professor was frequently mentioned. She sat down as instructed, smiling nervously.

She listened as the professor spoke. They were bound to learn those creatures, yeah! The second year nodded enthusiastically. More questions. "I really like animals." she said, before realizing that that was quite random. She added, "What do you think about dangerous creatures, professor?" Leah personally thought that although creatures such as basilisks and werewolves were threatening to humans, people should not kill and harm them.
"As do I." Javy didn't particularly mind the randomness. Now what did he think about the dangerous creatures? "It all depends on which creatures one would consider dangerous.." There were people afraid of Hippogriffs and even Pixies for example. But he could understand what she meant. "Personally, I believe that with any creature, no matter how harmless or dangerous are needing to be respected. They all have their own uses for us and keeping in mind of their Classification ranks should then set as a guideline on how we are to deal with them in order to still have them around." Pausing to see if she understood or had any questions. He was fine with answering them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStar View Post
The professor seemed to be sympathetic to her even if her did deliver bad news. AJ hung her head when he told her that there was no use in getting one. "Thanks stinks." It really wasn't her fault and it just didn't seem fair to her. Although her ears perked up as he mentioned there might be other ways. "Oh, I'll do that. I'll do whatever they need." Her eyes sparkiling bright as she spoke. She had to be of age? O.O She wasn't expecting that little tid bit of information. "I have to be eighteen? That's so long to go." She would do it though. As soon as she could she would march herself up to the ministry.

"Could I have something else cool as a pet?" What did she want? "Like a unicorn for example?" That should keep her happy until she could get her hands on one of those elves.
It was intriguing to say the least on hearing and seeing any student's interest in a certain creature.. or two or more. Particularly with Aubrey, as it wasn't everyday one wanted to already have a house elf. "Seventeen shouldn't take too long to arrive." Casually mentioning it. Though he could feel her disappointment, she at least was considering the other options. A unicorn though.. "Owning a unicorn would require a specific license that many students interested in creatures attend a Wizarding Universities for."

Breaking the bad news was getting quite repetitive for the Creature teacher though, as it wasn't in his interest to steer students away from them. Instead he opened one of his drawers to reveal a Pet Care Magazine for her to take. "Your interest in owning a pet that requires advanced knowledge and responsibility is admirable Miss Valentine." Waiting for her to take it before explaining, "While you may not be able to own a Unicorn or a House elf at the moment, there are a wide variety of creatures that could also peak your interest and that you could own presently at home." Now for the examples, "There are Puffskeins, Kneazles, Crups, and Pygmy puffs for one if you're not already interested in Owls or toads for example." Pausing to see how she felt about it.