View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
MudInMyBlood
formerly: PhoenixStar

Hippogriff

Graduated
<--- Random | Funfetti | Lima Bean | Slytherpuff | PURPLE | Hoarder of pens | ALWAYS Severus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
Javy could only smile kindly at the young girl. As he too knew on the occasional cons of being muggleborn. "Unfortunately, despite the years of progression in elves' rights some things are still sacred among them. With elves they generally don't serve muggle families, due to the rule on keeping any form magic hidden from them." Though this didn't make it impossible for her to own one. "I don't doubt your abilities based on your interest.. The work involving in owning one will require you to see the Ministry of Magic when you are of age and with the proper funds. They will then go through your family background and history before your own records to see if you're truly fit to own one. Then comes the funds.. It won't just be one elf you would end up taking in, but potential generations as well." So yep, steady income was needed. He paused to make sure she was still following on what he was saying.
The professor seemed to be sympathetic to her even if her did deliver bad news. AJ hung her head when he told her that there was no use in getting one. "Thanks stinks." It really wasn't her fault and it just didn't seem fair to her. Although her ears perked up as he mentioned there might be other ways. "Oh, I'll do that. I'll do whatever they need." Her eyes sparkiling bright as she spoke. She had to be of age? O.O She wasn't expecting that little tid bit of information. "I have to be eighteen? That's so long to go." She would do it though. As soon as she could she would march herself up to the ministry.

"Could I have something else cool as a pet?" What did she want? "Like a unicorn for example?" That should keep her happy until she could get her hands on one of those elves.